[US] Destiny 2 is currently the #1 Top Seller on Steam! (Season of Defiance Trailer added)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No doubt, we are coming to the conclusion of the story soon and the hype is through the roof. People want to see what happens...

The way they released short docu-vids, music videos and trailers every day or two coming up to launch and then have the servers down for 24 hours, it all just adds to the hype.

Reactions: EN250

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Serious question, how is a free to play game the top seller? Unless that includes dlc transactions?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Serious question, how is a free to play game the top seller? Unless that includes dlc transactions?
Because it is not a free to play game.

It is a demo/trial masked ad feee to play.
You download the Trial/Demo for free and play some old content to see how the game and if you want to continue you need to buy the actual game Season.

How people really believes it is a free to play game is out of my mind… you have to pay each new Season to play what the game has to offer.

BTW the game costs at least $50 and can go up to $100 depending of what you want or have already brought in previous seasons.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Because it is not a free to play game.

It is a demo/trial masked ad feee to play.
You download the Trial/Demo for free and play some old content to see how the game and if you want to continue you need to buy the actual game Season.

How people really believes it is a free to play game is out of my mind… you have to pay each new Season to play what the game has to offer.

BTW the game costs at least $50 and can go up to $100 depending of what you want or have already brought in previous seasons.
Ive been playing it and havent felt like ive had to buy anything yet so...

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yep. they hooked me with the f2p thing and now i've spent well over $200 on the game, so there is something to be said about the live service model.

during the holidays every expansion was on sale. took me 100 hours to get through all of them lmao

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The free aspect of the game definitely needs something. There’s no campaign content, just a handful of endgame with two D1 raids. You usually get first mission or two for a major expansion as a demo but I haven’t read if they’re doing that this time. Probably.

Otherwise it costs $100 a year for hardcore player. $50 for expansions moving forward for those that just want the campaign and bounce.

Price collapses significantly for expansion with each in-game season that passes. It’s the closest they can get to a subscription model for console gamers right now. I think it’s a shitshow having everything a la carte tho.

Edit: I’m stuck in queue on ps5 and there’s already 210k players on steam after 10 mins. I wonder if this will break all time peak when it first went f2p and launched on steam. It kinda has to.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The free aspect of the game definitely needs something. There’s no campaign content, just a handful of endgame with two D1 raids. You usually get first mission or two for a major expansion as a demo but I haven’t read if they’re doing that this time. Probably.

Otherwise it costs $100 a year for hardcore player. $50 for expansions moving forward for those that just want the campaign and bounce.

Price collapses significantly for expansion with each in-game season that passes. It’s the closest they can get to a subscription model for console gamers right now. I think it’s a shitshow having everything a la carte tho.

Edit: I’m stuck in queue on ps5 and there’s already 210k players on steam after 10 mins. I wonder if this will break all time peak when it first went f2p and launched on steam. It kinda has to.
that's why i'm not understanding the $120 price tag for lightfall + season pass.

I got the last season pass for $10.

fuck that, i bought the standard version. Didn't get the exotic pre-order rifle though... lame.

everything in this game is overpriced. It's like $20 to buy some silver to get a custom armor set, lmao. $7 for a custom skin for your gun, too.

they must be making a killing on this game.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
that's why i'm not understanding the $120 price tag for lightfall + season pass.

I got the last season pass for $10.

fuck that, i bought the standard version. Didn't get the exotic pre-order rifle though... lame.

everything in this game is overpriced. It's like $20 to buy some silver to get a custom armor set, lmao. $7 for a custom skin for your gun, too.

they must be making a killing on this game.

Long term players avoid micro transaction store because if you login every week at some point something is on rotation for in-game currency or just drops in a knockout system. I haven’t ever engaged with it. They released slides where they actually saw decline with MTs and it’s really the expansions and seasons that keep it going. I’m sure they want to change that.

Ideally it would be a 10-12 dollar a month sub and having yearly expansions be included in that sub. But… problem is … that gates off bringing new players pretty much altogether.

• brain

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In the description you had access to the season pass with the base version so that's what I bought. I think the $120 version is the annual pass and who knows if you'll have time all year. Just buy the season pass later for $10.

I just checked again and you have access to season 20 with the purchase of Lightfall so no need to pay extra.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
In the description you had access to the season pass with the base version so that's what I bought. I think the $120 version is the annual pass and who knows if you'll have time all year. Just buy the season pass later for $10.

I just checked again and you have access to season 20 with the purchase of Lightfall so no need to pay extra.

Only thing you lose out on now buying seasons a la carte versus with legendary is access to those dungeons. Those will be the premiere endgame activities for when those seasons launch. The other season will have a reprised d1 raid. You should be able to buy dungeons a la carte for in-game silver currency. Interestingly enough that’s one of the few things you can buy that is cross platform.

250k on steam right now… I’m still waiting to be let in on psn :/

• brain