Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reactions: Doncortez77

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"Phil, you told me that we're spending 70 billion dollars to go into mobile? What do we do now that another one of your plans has failed?"

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Why has this court sided with Apple, but across the way Google is said to have an app store advantage/monopoly, and must allow other stores.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Why has this court sided with Apple, but across the way Google is said to have an app store advantage/monopoly, and must allow other stores.
I think its due to the walled garden v open platform. Apple is a walled garden whereas Google has the big dog store on Android platform. Android is open and in theory you could have 50 stores on your Samsung phone or whatever.

The same way you only have a PS store on Playstations and a Nintendo store on Nintendos. You know what you're buying with walled gardens.

Everything I wrote could also be a very wrong interpretation and Apple pay their legal team handsomely to ensure the win compared to Google.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Good. Dont know why a company regardless of size have to allow you to sell their product on the platform they created with they own money.
Thats like me buying a house and the hobo gets to move in because i have to get punished for working hard, saving and buying my own shit. Foh.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think its due to the walled garden v open platform. Apple is a walled garden whereas Google has the big dog store on Android platform. Android is open and in theory you could have 50 stores on your Samsung phone or whatever.
You can have 50 stores on your Android device. The Samsung Galaxy phones have the Play Store and the Galaxy Shop installed by default. I can go online and download other store fronts.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
You can have 50 stores on your Android device. The Samsung Galaxy phones have the Play Store and the Galaxy Shop installed by default. I can go online and download other store fronts.
You're right, I forgot to include the preinstalled part. It's like how MS were done for having their own applications on windows preinstalled thus making it harder for similar competition to break through (even more so as Windows is the dominant OS system for PC and Windows is an open platform). Android is an open platform like Windows is. So the dominant position Google Store has currently coupled with it being preinstalled on most android phones would make it easier for the courts to attack than a closed platform.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Android is an open platform like Windows is. So the dominant position Google Store has currently coupled with it being preinstalled on most android phones would make it easier for the courts to attack than a closed platform.
It was about the payment platform in the store, not the store being preinstalled. And amazingly, other than google phones, manufacturers are not forced to use the play store, they just bundle it, as well as google services, because they are good and widespread.