V Rising 1.0 | Review Thread

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
v-rising-1-0-q-a-stunlock-on-the-future-of-the-hit-vampire-v0-SM14YpxRhc1d6FL2_YM0jIybqhkP8Nuq9n3MKfmAX6A.jpg

Game Title: V Rising

Platforms:

• PC (May 7, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: Stunlock Studios

BAmrQ0S.png

Critic Reviews

Wccftech - 9.0/10

V Rising may not have the deepest survival game mechanics around, but that is hardly a problem. The experience crafted by Stunlock Studios manages to masterfully weave together mechanics from very different genres to provide an experience like any other on the market. While solo players may find the experience becoming a little stale over time, everyone else will find plenty of reasons to remain in this world, whether it's to perfect their characters or build the most haunting vampire castle ever seen.
CGMegazine - 9.0/1.0

V Rising redefines the survival genre with its enthralling vampiric twist and rich, gothic landscapes, proving that being a vampire has never been more captivating.
GamesSkinny; 9.0/10.0

Stunlock Studios has created a smash hit in V Rising. Not only is it a solid survival game, but it introduces creative mechanics to the genre that often depends on tried and true practices. The narrative is primed with areas the dev team can expand into, which I’m really looking forward to.
IGN: 9.0/10.0

V Rising has been nicely polished up during its dark slumber in Early Access, allowing it to fully rise to the occasion with its excellent boss design and challenging ARPG combat. Keeping the killing rays of the sun and your dwindling blood supply as ongoing concerns is effective and evocative in selling the vampire fantasy, as is the ability to craft the sprawling, spooky estates of my nightmares. And the huge amount of customization available when setting up your own private server practically eliminates the need to do chores that are timed to real-world days in a way that only really makes sense for playing with a larger clan and having those timers going even when you're not online. Arise, ye children of the night, and sink your teeth into one of the best ARPGs – and one of the best vampire games, in general – of this moonlit age.
GamesGrin: 8.5/10.0

V Rising makes being a vampire fun, with a great feeling of being both predator and prey. With plenty of challenges to face, both from the world and other players, alone or with friends.
MMORPG: 8.0/10.0

V Rising has many elements that keep things fun, engaging, and easy to get lost in for literal days at a time. The full launch might bring a lot of old players back, as it brings new content and massive amounts of new crafting tables, bosses, features I won’t mention for the sake of spoilers, and just better quality-of-life features than the early access version.

• Heart
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Amazing reviews!

I tried to play with a controller and it was so uncomfortable, I was gonna wait until they support it officially with the PS5 version.

Reactions: Sircaw