Valve Officialy Announced Deadlock

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The minute that Sony CEO said "console gaming is niche" in early 2020, I guess we should have seen the signs of impending disaster.

But they will learn eventually that gaming audiences can and will move on without them if they continue to shit in their own cereal
Guess it was wishful thinking things would change up

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
No media or fan outrage that it isnt multiplatform. Typical lol
Tbh there is not much of a fanbase of valve games on consoles. Maybe L4D would work but that is a dead IP inside valve, they greenlight projects based on whether it will bring in billions and not millions.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tbh there is not much of a fanbase of valve games on consoles. Maybe L4D would work but that is a dead IP inside valve, they greenlight projects based on whether it will bring in billions and not millions.
Thats like saying there isnt much of a Playstation fanbase on PC, or many others before they went there.
Valve is one of the biggest 3rd parties, and make good games. They use to relase on console too.

There is no reason why they cant port on other platforms. Its only because they dont want to and keep titles exclusive because it gives important for a platform.

Development costs “issues” and “forced exclusives are bad for consumer” argument go out the window when its not Playstation

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The media isn't saying anything about this filth but bash Concord which is better then Valve's game.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Kenichiro calling console gaming niche was all I needed to hear from him to form an opinion... Then almost giving. The backend of PSN to Microsoft... Lol

People within Sony were shocked by the Azure announcement and eventually it was shutdown, but sure.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Kenichiro yoshida, although basically it's just fear mongering baselessly. They took this one time when Yoshida agreed to a partnership with Microsoft in 2019 (which I don't think ever led to anything substantial) and spinning up some fantasies because of it.
Oh okay, that's what I thought. That Azure partnership never happened. Sony uses AWS.

Just some conspiracy theories and the good old Doom&GloomTM.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Oh okay, that's what I thought. That Azure partnership never happened. Sony uses AWS.

Just some conspiracy theories and the good old Doom&GloomTM.

Corporate partnership alliances are kind of a nothingburger most of the time.
It's always an agreement to vaguely work together at some point, in some capacity, maybe.
Sometimes there's a stated goal with the partnership which, some of the time, leads to a greater chance of something happening, but not by much.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel