Verge: We played Valve’s secret new shooter: Deadlock

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Everybody waiting Halo Life 3…

Valve gives you a new MOBA 6v6 hero shooter.

project8_c0AAGHLpDm.jpg

project8_6WyDg682kY.jpg

deadlock_zipline.gif

UPDATE: Some characters.

deadlock_heroes_001.jpg

deadlock_heroes_020.jpg

deadlock_heroes_003.jpg

deadlock_heroes_015.jpg

deadlock_heroes_019.jpg

PS. I wonder how people will feel about the characters this time… who I kidding… the usual guys will say it is cool now 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Kind of lame of The Verge to just do this, You're not supposed to share stuff. I guess they need the clicks though :ROFLMAO:

They're also working on that, or at least another Half-Life game.
I think “secret” is part of Valve’s marketing… they did the same with DOTA for near 2 years before release.

That is how Valve announce their games…

But that is actually news anyway.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well valve know how to make PvP games especially moba's and they icefrog god on payroll, looks like they added another lane to the traditional 3 lanes formula

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Valve gives you a new MOBA 6v6 hero shooter.

PS. I wonder how people will feel about the characters this time… who I kidding… the usual guys will say it is cool now 🤷‍♂️

All a sudden there's gonna be enough space in the market for another 5V5 hero shooter genre lol.…… Where as last month its over saturated.

I dont think the usual PS guys will care. Just the PC/Xbox fanboys who get taken for PS fans who FUD all the time

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Imagine being a Valve fan awaiting to finally see their next game and then it's this shit.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Well valve know how to make PvP games especially moba's and they icefrog god on payroll, looks like they added another lane to the traditional 3 lanes formula
This is essentially a 3rd person moba that plays more like an action game (overwatch). It gives TF vibes almost like an evolution of that hero team play but ofc w Valve expertise in the moba/hero genre. Oh & exclusively on Steam/Steamdeck + rumors of Half Lyfe 3 being in the works also exclusively on Steam/Steamdeck. Steam would only have to make a L4D 3 & a TF3 to really cater to there fans & really those games mentioned are easy W’s for Valve I don’t see how a single one of them games fail.

This will succeed solely from the basis of having cool hero designs aswell as it being F2P.

If I was Hi Rez (Smite) I would be sweating.

Also I would suspect Bungie (project gummy bear) to be something like this considering it’s also a moba. Honestly a top down moba with the ability to play in 3rd person would be cool. It would give players of both top down moba & 3rd person to enjoy the game aswell as seeing the heroes cosmetics in 3rd person which would be a closer view compare to traditional mobas.

There seems to be a lot of “competition” in the moba space w the DBZ moba that’s catering mobile players, Nintendo Pokemon unite, Valve 3rd person moba & the countless others which you would think there’s not much room left for others but I suspect all of these to have a good amount of players & all relatively successful. Even mediocre mobas on mobile like mobile legend (bang bang) is massive especially in Asia & looking at the art style/gameplay they all look similar to league or dota with the few looking different art style & hero wise.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I think “secret” is part of Valve’s marketing… they did the same with DOTA for near 2 years before release.

That is how Valve announce their games…

But that is actually news anyway.
Well they put when you launch the game not to say anything about the contents of the game publicly

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The thinks become a bit more on fire in both sides >D

BTW that is what I think... Valve did the same with DOTA... it is viral marketing.
They try to make it as a big secret but everybody knows and it is playing it.

It is like putting a big sign with "DO NOT ENTER" thinking people won't enter due curiosity.
Valve did that already knowing it.
Even the ban of the guy is for viral marketing.

BTW anybody can get into via invites.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
All a sudden there's gonna be enough space in the market for another 5V5 hero shooter genre lol.…… Where as last month its over saturated.

I dont think the usual PS guys will care. Just the PC/Xbox fanboys who get taken for PS fans who FUD all the time
first of all this is not a hero shooter and second of all this game is from the people who made ...checks notes... L4D, L4D2, CS, CS1.6, CS source, CS condition zero, CSGO, CS2, Dota 2, Team Fortress so of course people are excited for it unlike the game from the bums at firewalk. Also Valve has the goat "Icefrog" working for them so we can expect a well balanced roster of heroes with well balanced gameplay right off the start.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
first of all this is not a hero shooter and second of all this game is from the people who made ...checks notes... L4D, L4D2, CS, CS1.6, CS source, CS condition zero, CSGO, CS2, Dota 2, Team Fortress so of course people are excited for it unlike the game from the bums at firewalk. Also Valve has the goat "Icefrog" working for them so we can expect a well balanced roster of heroes with well balanced gameplay right off the start.
The same could be said about Concord except the "this is not a hero shooter" 🤷‍♂️

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The same could be said about Concord except the "this is not a hero shooter" 🤷‍♂️
Oh ffs the rejects from the destiny studio and bungie itself are not in the same league as the people at valve and icefrog is a dude who cut his teeth in the war3 frozen throne custom scene for years before he landed his job making dota 2.

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Oh ffs the rejects from the destiny studio and bungie itself are not in the same league as the people at valve and icefrog is a dude who cut his teeth in the war3 frozen throne custom scene for years before he landed his job making dota 2.
For you maybe because for me these rejected from Bungie made the still unmatched top gunplay in any game ever.