[VGC]The Xbox showcase brought the E3 magic

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
perfect-dark-1024x576.jpg

E3 is dead now, but everybody turns up anyway, and plays by the same old rules: it’s June, it’s Pacific time, it’s a lot of new trailers, show up and show off. The rule for Xbox specifically, for the last decade, is that it has to prove itself.

For most of that time, it’s been struggling: Playstation and Nintendo have stayed far ahead on platform sales, and despite amassing a gigantic studio portfolio, Xbox has struggled to build momentum.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
People want to be surprised. It at least shows they considered our reaction.

Most of these presentations have turned so sterile and routine, rather than a celebration of what’s to come.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
They announced one new Microsoft game and that was Gears which is years away and was only a pre rendered trailer.

The rest were mostly third party games or games they have been talking about for years already.

Is this "E3 magic"?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
All I know is that I miss E3 and none of these events we had come even close.

E3 was exciting, it wasn't about leaks, it wasn't about just bottom line, it was showing a promising futures for each platform.

Xbox has no credibility anymore, even if they were the only ones that tried ultimately it fall flat due to the precedent they already set.

My hope is that Sony will at least have the decency of making a proper showcase for the PS5 Pro but I won't count on it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That exactly what I talked about bias lol

They showed 2 new games for Xbox... Gears and a indie.
Several multiplatform games including coming to PS5.
New trailers for very old announces that never releases.

Media and Xbots... A+ show like old E3 times :D :D :D

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It didn't bring any E3 magic, it's just that recent shows (for the past 2 or 3 years) have been so garbage that something decent is perceived as the best thing since sliced bread. It was a decent show, that's it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
E3 magic?? But you know what at this point I welcome this media Astro turfing campaign. Maybe it will somewhat push Sony to care a little... But who am I kidding.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just find it funny how fast the media are to churn out the exact same opinions as each other... like clockwork.
People here were being fooled too... just look at the rating thread and all the defense to a show that announced a new game to release post 2026.
Well the others exclusive announce was an unknown indie.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Tell me you never saw a proper E3 without telling me.

E3 magic was live, on stage cringe, mistakes and big reveals in front of a live audience. Three days of massive games and a week of excitement before, followed by a week of list wars, console slap fights and non-stop excitement.

If this dickhead really thinks a digital video, poorly stitched together, even comes close to the magic of E3, then they should have their internet taken away.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
I’ve been going back and forth in my head with this. I thought it was a good show with quite a few games that looks great, but nothing made me jump out of my seat. Nothing, not from Nintendo, Sony or Xbox has made me feel this way for a very, very long time. I would usually for the next couple of days watch a bunch of reactions and stuff but now I’m just like 🤷‍♂️ and move one. Which is totally fine and it doesn’t bother me like it used to. But there’s definitely an air of desperation to want to relive that E3 “magic” and it’s just…I feel like it’s gone

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
E3 magic? Nah, its just a bunch of gamers addicted to the dopamine hit from showcases. All they did was show CGI trailers with no dates in sight, basically blowing their load for the next 2.5-3 years.

Reactions: The Icon

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think there is also a bit of romanticizing of E3 happening in this case. There were a couple good years and a lot of "disappointing" ones. Xbox had a decent show. I don't think there is any denying that personally. But "decent" has eluded Xbox for the entire Spencer reign, so maybe some interpreted it as a revelation.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think there is also a bit of romanticizing of E3 happening in this case. There were a couple good years and a lot of "disappointing" ones. Xbox had a decent show. I don't think there is any denying that personally. But "decent" has eluded Xbox for the entire Spencer reign, so maybe some interpreted it as a revelation.
This show is like a decent enough lasagne dinner that's not the microwave kind. Xbox fanatics have been eating bags of manure and now get some lasagne and think this shit is a manicured dish with creme broule on top.

Reactions: Dr Bass

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They blew their load of the next 3 years and they better hope the games at least are an 8 because if they are lower, oh boy we are in for a treat. The hiding of gameplay for games this year also is such a big red flag lol