[VideoGamer/Bloomberg] Xbox fans lose faith in Microsoft as exclusives jump to PlayStation and Xbox strategy is confusing as ever

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
VideoGamer:

Xbox fans have little faith​

While Xbox has been praised for its pro-consumer move of making games like Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves on PlayStation, fans are upset at new exclusives also making their way to Sony’s machine. With Game Pass prices increasing and exclusive offerings dwindling, as well as the fact that PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to Xbox, fans are thinking about leaving the platform behind.

In a Reddit thread about the state of Xbox exclusives, fans expressed their disappointment at the lack of reasons to own Microsoft’s machine.

“Say whatever you want in favor of Xbox, but the reality is that PlayStation isn’t putting its first-party line-up on Xbox,” one fan said. “They’re also announcing all of this right after jacking Game Pass up in price… again. I think the Xbox brand is about to fall off the map here in the next few years. Sucks because I’ve been such a huge fan and supporter since the 360.”

“I bought a PS5 because I really really wanted to play FF7 Rebirth, FF16, Stellar Blade, Spider-Man 2, the HoyoVerse games, etc.,”
another fan explained. “If all of those were on Xbox I would not have bought the PS5. The exclusives got me to buy the console. End of story. If every Xbox game is going to PlayStation eventually then I don’t need my Xbox any more. My problem is I’ve been an Xbox fan since the beginning and I want to be a fan but they are making it really hard.”

While PlayStation is porting some of its biggest exclusives to PC—such as The Last of Us and God of War: Ragnarök, those exclusives aren’t coming to Xbox. It’s a fact that PS5 is now receiving more AAA games than Xbox, and fans aren’t happy about it.

Source 1

''The problem with Xbox's new vision isn't that the company is moving away from console exclusives. The problem is that their release strategy is messy, confusing, and inconsistent. Just pick a lane!''

• Cerny
Reactions: Entropi

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Xbox fans they love uncle phil
1466366602-risitas94.png

Last edited by a moderator:

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
What is MS' strategy on Xbox, though?

I mean, apart from mismanaging their studios into the ground.
Slowly morph into primarily a 3rd party publishing behemoth. I feel like the only reason they haven't totally called off a next gen console is they probably already sunk hundreds of millions (if not billions) into R&D and components already. Also, they need to not totally alienate their hardcore base so that they don't all unsubscribe from gamepass. Sounds like a winning formula. 😂

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

They'll build it but do nothing to support it and then say that they're sad it failed when the next one finishes with less than ten percent marketshare.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

Their strategy is pretty simple and easy to figure out. They released Sea of Thieves in Q2 of this year in April. India Jones will release in Q2 next year. This will enable Microsoft to show a year over year increase in their Q2 earnings report for gaming. Indiana Jones will be a full priced $70 release while Sea of Thieves was just $39.95. India Jones will sell more units and priced higher. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why it's coming 6 months later. If Microsoft can't switch things up they will releasing a huge AAA game on PlayStation every year in Q2. Gotta get that YoY increase for their share holders. If COD popularity begins to wane and they have a decrease in Q4 YoY then they will simply release an additional big game on PlayStation in Q4 the following year to get that YoY increase. Rinse and repeat.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

This dude is high as a kite. What investment in Japan? Lol. Does he means Xbox buying Tango shutting them down and then selling them off? Some investment that is right? And Square still aren’t releasing some of their recently announced JRPGs to Xbox. And if they do Xbox is always the last to get the games after everyone else is fed.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023

This dude is high as a kite. What investment in Japan? Lol. Does he means Xbox buying Tango shutting them down and then selling them off? Some investment that is right? And Square still aren’t releasing some of their recently announced JRPGs to Xbox. And if they do Xbox is always the last to get the games after everyone else is fed.

Derek is a guy who works hard to collect data and listen to investor calls, but has no idea what he's talking about.