Visions of Mana Announce Preview |OT| and Trailers. |UP| Will not have mp but producer would like to implement similar features in the future.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I also think Sony could care less about something like Vision of Mana showing up at a Xbox event. Sony is all about Final Fantasy when it comes to Square.
Yeah these are crumbs Sony doesn't care about Mana showing up.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I wouldn't take a random era post as gospel and set in stone forever.

Xbox have plenty of third-party games coming out this year, a lot of them bigger than Mana but they chose this one specifically. It's fishy 😒

That person knows things. That’s why I linked the post.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That person knows things. That’s why I linked the post.
I know who it is.

I'm just saying all these rumors from Jez about FF7 on Xbox and now Square is at a first-party Xbox showing???

It's very fishy and weird but you guys are always so calm because you think nothing will ever change so whatever 🤷‍♂️

Edit Shinobi also made a tweet about this

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
I also think Sony could care less about something like Vision of Mana showing up at a Xbox event. Sony is all about Final Fantasy when it comes to Square.

It would be nice if they were also about Einhander, Parasite Eve, and Xenogears 😉. The more the merrier.

I know who it is.

I'm just saying all these rumors from Jez about FF7 on Xbox and now Square is at a first-party Xbox showing???

It's very fishy and weird but you guys are always so calm because you think nothing will ever change so whatever 🤷‍♂️

FFS, publicly-traded companies CANNOT TEASE ACQUISITIONS. It'd involve some form of insider trading, which is illegal and punishable by law as a felony. Ask Yuji Naka how that's like.

Visions of Mana was already mentioned for Xbox back in December the day before the VGAs, just check Square-Enix's press release. Now, yes, Sony should really do more to publicly show their partnership with companies like Square-Enix; I feel some of their marketing with 3P at SoPs and Showcases have become more impersonal and "distanced" between them and 3P. Things like FF VII Rebirth being revealed not at the last Showcase, but Summer Games Fest kind of contributes to that perception, and Sony need to fix it, specifically among Japanese 3P. Here's to hoping the next CEO gets that done.

BUT, specifically regards Visions of Mana, it being here isn't much. At most, it's MS trying to flaunt off a relationship with Square-Enix akin to what's been seen with SEGA/Atlus prior, hence why I said Sony need to have a stronger show of strength in public optics and messaging (and do more investments, co-development & co-funding) with Japanese 3P. Hecklers be damned.

But Visions being at the Direct means nothing WRT to an acquisition, after all Persona 3 Reload was at the last Direct and last I checked SEGA/Atlus are still fully 3P. Stop letting pot-stirrers like fake Jez rile you folks up.

EDIT: So if this is mainly about a MS & SEGA/Atlus type of deal but now with Square-Enix...well I guess we'll see, won't we? If Sony let that happen, it's 100% on them and they deserve every bit of the blame in missing such a crucial opportunity to strengthen a partnership with a legacy Japanese 3P publisher & developer. They deserve 100% of the blame for letting more key 3P partners and their content to have their mindshare and public-facing associations siphoned by a competitor, and losing unique exclusives to make their platform stand out while having no suitable replacements. That's all on Sony...IF it happens.

But I still say that isn't the case here; it's just Square-Enix bringing one of their games to Xbox and Microsoft taking the opportunity to spotlight them in a Direct. That's all worth reading into it for now.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I know who it is.

It's weirder that you guys constantly let non-stories like this keep you worried and stressed out. I don't even think Shinobi is actually teasing anything here.

It's like you're inventing things to be upset about.

24 Jun 2022
Except they made it very clear when it was announced last year that the game was going to be on PlayStation. I think a lot of the smaller games that were defacto exclusives on PS weren't because of a 'relationship' with Sony but moreso them not seeing Xbox as worth the effort. No point in getting upset or worried over a non-story like this, especially given Square's history and Phil's comments about their relationship with Square still "having a long way to go". I could still see Sony dropping bags of money to get first dibs on the big stuff though.

I personally think Sony need to start doing more than that, though. FWIW, their "moneyhats" for FF VII and XVI also included co-funding of development, marketing, and assisting in certain technological aspects of the game development. Same with other exclusives like SFV.

If Sony are going to do moneyhats for those bigger SE games, I want them to also contribute towards co-funding the development and maybe even lending some teams for co-development purposes at the creative and technological ends. And I'd also like to see them co-fund and help in development of some legacy SE revivals like Parasite Eve, Einhander, and Xenogears (I'm gonna keep bringing these up every chance I get xD).

Not only does that help result in more titles that probably wouldn't have been made otherwise (or at a level of quality they couldn't be made at otherwise), but it also takes all the wind away from the sails of fanboys and MS lawyers who try reducing Sony's involvement in 3P exclusives as just "greedy moneyhats", because we've seen how that was used to help get M&As like ABK through (well, seemingly; that deal can still be blocked).

Reactions: arvfab

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It would be nice if they were also about Einhander, Parasite Eve, and Xenogears 😉. The more the merrier.

FFS, publicly-traded companies CANNOT TEASE ACQUISITIONS. It'd involve some form of insider trading, which is illegal and punishable by law as a felony. Ask Yuji Naka how that's like.

Visions of Mana was already mentioned for Xbox back in December the day before the VGAs, just check Square-Enix's press release. Now, yes, Sony should really do more to publicly show their partnership with companies like Square-Enix; I feel some of their marketing with 3P at SoPs and Showcases have become more impersonal and "distanced" between them and 3P. Things like FF VII Rebirth being revealed not at the last Showcase, but Summer Games Fest kind of contributes to that perception, and Sony need to fix it, specifically among Japanese 3P. Here's to hoping the next CEO gets that done.

BUT, specifically regards Visions of Mana, it being here isn't much. At most, it's MS trying to flaunt off a relationship with Square-Enix akin to what's been seen with SEGA/Atlus prior, hence why I said Sony need to have a stronger show of strength in public optics and messaging (and do more investments, co-development & co-funding) with Japanese 3P. Hecklers be damned.

But Visions being at the Direct means nothing WRT to an acquisition, after all Persona 3 Reload was at the last Direct and last I checked SEGA/Atlus are still fully 3P. Stop letting pot-stirrers like fake Jez rile you folks up.

EDIT: So if this is mainly about a MS & SEGA/Atlus type of deal but now with Square-Enix...well I guess we'll see, won't we? If Sony let that happen, it's 100% on them and they deserve every bit of the blame in missing such a crucial opportunity to strengthen a partnership with a legacy Japanese 3P publisher & developer. They deserve 100% of the blame for letting more key 3P partners and their content to have their mindshare and public-facing associations siphoned by a competitor, and losing unique exclusives to make their platform stand out while having no suitable replacements. That's all on Sony...IF it happens.

But I still say that isn't the case here; it's just Square-Enix bringing one of their games to Xbox and Microsoft taking the opportunity to spotlight them in a Direct. That's all worth reading into it for now.
I agree that we will see. Natethehate seems to think Sony will get more exclusive things from Square and the only one who has implied that Square have a Sega-like deal with MS is Jez.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I know who it is.

I guess I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. This is typical MS trying to associate themselves with a 3rd party developer. A close Sony one at that. They’re desperate like I mentioned before. Anything to try and break the close ties Sony has with them.

I don’t believe that will happen. If Sony does let MS take Square Enix away from them, that’s nobodies fault but Sony’s and their stupidity and weakness to let that even transpire.

As far as we know though, Sony has more exclusive games from Square Enix hinted by multiple people in the know. MS being an attention seeker doesn’t change that.

Shinobi is probably confused as anyone else. Not hinting anything.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Still hasn't been uploaded to the PlayStations channel

If you look at the official Square Enix marketing channels and pages, PlayStation platforms are listed first. Which usually means that’s who has the marketing for the game.

I don’t believe there’s any deal with MS going on here.

Reactions: Puff and PS_ROCKS

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
I know who it is.

The way I’m reading that tweet is just that the Dev Direct is gonna become more like the Nitendo Directs/SoPs in terms of showing off 3rd party games too. If there was more to this, FF7 showing up at the Direct wouldve made more of an impact compared to a previously announced Mana game.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This second reveal pretty much killed my interest. Looks cheap and jank. Honestly… yikes!

Looking to get my hands on a new colorful jrpg but I think I’ll just lean on Atlus (or yakuza) for that fix.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This second reveal pretty much killed my interest. Looks cheap and jank. Honestly… yikes!

Looking to get my hands on a new colorful jrpg but I think I’ll just lean on Atlus (or yakuza) for that fix.
Definitely looks cheapo.

24 Jun 2022
I agree that we will see. Natethehate seems to think Sony will get more exclusive things from Square and the only one who has implied that Square have a Sega-like deal with MS is Jez.

FWIW the only reason I give pause to the idea that a MS/Square-Enix deal could have been settled on is because if Jez is reporting, well we know Jez DOES have an inside track into Xbox stuff. You don't land multiple interviews with Phil Spencer without knowing something is in the works. Same with Parris.

And again, if that's the case...it's 100% Sony's fault. It'd show a gradual complacency and "taking for granted" of defacto exclusives from Japanese pubs under the Jim Ryan era, and not fortifying those partnerships due to underestimating Microsoft's resolve to net in that support.

It's one of the reasons I feel Sony's involvement in objecting to the ABK deal may've ultimately been a mistake. Not because the deal (as originally structured) wasn't worth opposing; it 100% was. But because if doing so distracted them from solidifying their own larger gaming M&As in a timely fashion, or striking key partnerships, investments, share purchases etc. of valued 3P publishers sooner (especially Japanese ones), then yeah in that context putting so much attention on the ABK stuff was a mistake.

But again, we'll see what happens. I'd of wonder why Sony's involvement with Square-Enix would've stopped at Final Fantasy mainline entries and a single new IP (Forspoken); considering the release timing of the games those deals had to have been done under the Shawn Layden leadership at the latest. So did Jim Ryan arrange any specific partnerships or investments into/with Square-Enix during his time as CEO? I guess we're about to find out (or not)...