Visions of Mana Announce Preview |OT| and Trailers. |UP| Will not have mp but producer would like to implement similar features in the future.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
FWIW the only reason I give pause to the idea that a MS/Square-Enix deal could have been settled on is because if Jez is reporting, well we know Jez DOES have an inside track into Xbox stuff. You don't land multiple interviews with Phil Spencer without knowing something is in the works. Same with Parris.

And again, if that's the case...it's 100% Sony's fault. It'd show a gradual complacency and "taking for granted" of defacto exclusives from Japanese pubs under the Jim Ryan era, and not fortifying those partnerships due to underestimating Microsoft's resolve to net in that support.

It's one of the reasons I feel Sony's involvement in objecting to the ABK deal may've ultimately been a mistake. Not because the deal (as originally structured) wasn't worth opposing; it 100% was. But because if doing so distracted them from solidifying their own larger gaming M&As in a timely fashion, or striking key partnerships, investments, share purchases etc. of valued 3P publishers sooner (especially Japanese ones), then yeah in that context putting so much attention on the ABK stuff was a mistake.

But again, we'll see what happens. I'd of wonder why Sony's involvement with Square-Enix would've stopped at Final Fantasy mainline entries and a single new IP (Forspoken); considering the release timing of the games those deals had to have been done under the Shawn Layden leadership at the latest. So did Jim Ryan arrange any specific partnerships or investments into/with Square-Enix during his time as CEO? I guess we're about to find out (or not)...
IMO this stuff takes time and it will be quite a while before we see what PS has going on with them. No point in dooming and sad reacting to everything. Also, their legal department that would have been most involved in opposing the deal has nothing to do with their third party team. One doesn't stop the other and they can do both at the same time.

FWIW Jez was pretty non-concrete and non-committal in his reporting last year on this. Another person with some inside knowledge thinks PS will get some exclusives from Square while MS likely gets old ports.

I still think this forum is acting way too jumpy and insecure over a multiplat that will sell 9X more on PS vs Xbox and is obsessed with looking for reasons to be miserable.

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Last trailer still hasn't been uploaded. What the hell is going on?

Could be the format of the trailer which was more of a dev interview specific to the Xbox Direct. The announcement trailer was uploaded to PlayStation so I don’t think anything funny is going on

Reactions: Puff

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They gave been taking long to post it. I wonder why?
Probably because they specifically mention Xbox in that interview which is why it isn't on the Playstation YouTube channel. I still think it's a really silly reason to panic and act like the sky is falling. Gets really old seeing people freak out over every little thing that doesn't matter.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Probably because they specifically mention Xbox in that interview which is why it isn't on the Playstation YouTube channel. I still think it's a really silly reason to panic and act like the sky is falling. Gets really old seeing people freak out over every little thing that doesn't matter.
OH I meant the trailer in general in other channels I had not seen it until I checked now and it was uploaded two days ago.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
OH I meant the trailer in general in other channels I had not seen it until I checked now and it was uploaded two days ago.
OK, yeah. I do remember seeing the original reveal trailer for the game on Playstation's YouTube channel and I remember FF15 having trailers at both Playstation and Xbox e3 shows before ff16 ultimatelybecome a Playstationtimed exclusive after that. I think the fight over which channel or show gets these trailers is overblown and doesn't really indicate whether these companies will or won't be able to work with eachother in the future.

It's just depressing seeing the dooming. Maybe I just need a break.

• Shake
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
OK, yeah. I do remember seeing the original reveal trailer for the game on Playstation's YouTube channel and I remember FF15 having trailers at both Playstation and Xbox e3 shows before ff16 ultimatelybecome a Playstationtimed exclusive after that. I think the fight over which channel or show gets these trailers is overblown and doesn't really indicate whether these companies will or won't be able to work with eachother in the future.

It's just depressing seeing the dooming. Maybe I just need a break.
Nah you good. We all have diff views on things doesn't discount yours.

• Shake
Reactions: AshHunter216

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Experience a brand-new Mana adventure!Brace yourself for fast-paced, multi-dimensional battles. Switch between teammates and use the magic power of the Elementals to unleash powerful abilities to overcome your foes.Visions of Mana launches Summer 2024 on Xbox Series X|S and Windows.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
The only people who will buy this on xbox are the weirdos that populate the xbox asia releases thread, so we can expect the sales to reach a grand total of 1k🙃

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
No thanks to the multi-player stuff but looking forward to the game day one. Still waiting on a release date though.

• Shake