Vr headsets

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Depends on what he’s looking for and several factors, what platform he plans to use, PC, PS5, or as a stand alone device, and budget.

If he cares about “social features”, stuff like watching movies with others or “meeting” people in the Metaverse, then the Quest 3 is the best. It’s also the best gaming headset if he doesn’t own a PS5 or PC since it has a better/larger standalone library than Pico and a decent processor.

If he wants a pure gaming experience and doesn’t care about social crap like me, AND he owns a PlayStation 5. Then the PSVR2 is a no brainer.

The Pico 4 is good too but I’ve heard it’s harder to buy in some Western countries. The specs are very good for a “last gen” headset but the standalone library is weak compared to the Quest. If he’s gonna be doing purely PC VR gaming, then the Pico 4 would be the best option, it’s $100-$150 cheaper than the Quest 3 and 90% as good.

Pretty much:
Doesn’t own a PS5/PC - Quest 3
Cares about social features - Quest 3
Owns PS5 and doesn’t care about social features- PSVR2
Owns PC and doesn’t care about social features - Pico 4

Also the Quest 2 is on sale right now, it has a weak chip and standalone games look noticeably worse than the Quest 3, but for its current $250~ price it’s a good value.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Depends on what he’s looking for and several factors, what platform he plans to use, PC, PS5, or as a stand alone device, and budget.

If he cares about “social features”, stuff like watching movies with others or “meeting” people in the Metaverse, then the Quest 3 is the best. It’s also the best gaming headset if he doesn’t own a PS5 or PC since it has a better/larger standalone library than Pico and a decent processor.

If he wants a pure gaming experience and doesn’t care about social crap like me, AND he owns a PlayStation 5. Then the PSVR2 is a no brainer.

The Pico 4 is good too but I’ve heard it’s harder to buy in some Western countries. The specs are very good for a “last gen” headset but the standalone library is weak compared to the Quest. If he’s gonna be doing purely PC VR gaming, then the Pico 4 would be the best option, it’s $100-$150 cheaper than the Quest 3 and 90% as good.

Pretty much:
Doesn’t own a PS5/PC - Quest 3
Cares about social features - Quest 3
Owns PS5 and doesn’t care about social features- PSVR2
Owns PC and doesn’t care about social features - Pico 4

Also the Quest 2 is on sale right now, it has a weak chip and standalone games look noticeably worse than the Quest 3, but for its current $250~ price it’s a good value.
I told him quest 3 because it has a better library of games & better refresh rate (although 120 is apparently experimental) obviously I'd choose psvr2 but my dad doesn't have a ps5 , he had a PS4 pro & psvr1 but never used them 🤣

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I told him quest 3 because it has a better library of games & better refresh rate (although 120 is apparently experimental) obviously I'd choose psvr2 but my dad doesn't have a ps5 , he had a PS4 pro & psvr1 but never used them 🤣
You can’t go wrong with any of then, maybe he’ll like the social stuff over actual games 😂 My friend loves his Quest 2, but he barely does any actual gaming. All he does is watch movies with strangers, talk to people, stuff like trivia, and music listening parties.

I’ll never understand the appeal in that stuff but to each their own.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You can’t go wrong with any of then, maybe he’ll like the social stuff over actual games 😂 My friend loves his Quest 2, but he barely does any actual gaming. All he does is watch movies with strangers, talk to people, stuff like trivia, and music listening parties.

I’ll never understand the appeal in that stuff but to each their own.
He was asking me about file sizes & how many games he could get on it but my dad's not a gamer I don't know why he bought the PS4 pro & VR because he get rarely used it he bought call of duty ww2 but only played it for a few minutes because he was shit on it so I finished it & he watched me on it & he played some star Trek vr cause he loves star trek lol

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
How old is your old man btw?

I could not really use VR more than 2 hours without my head spinning like a rotor.

Must be my age, I am mid 40s