Wanted Dead - Review Thread

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Embargo for Wanted Dead has been lifted earlier today - and it is NOT looking too hot sadly.

Here is ours - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/wanted-dead-review-nostalgic-and-boring/

Title - Wanted Dead

Platform - Xbox Series X

Score - 6.5

Summary - Wanted Dead is a game that strives to please gamers of old. While I appreciate that, I think the biggest issue is that the gameplay loop is not polished enough. Something just feels off and overly clunky as well. Maybe I am just stupid and don’t understand the combat system, but I’ve had a healthy share of action titles in my years of gaming. I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I absolutely adored older titles like the Onimusha franchise, Ninja Gaiden titles, and Devil May Cry. Also, the frequent visual stuttering and brain-dead AI just add more salt to the injury. I can tell you with full confidence that those games had better systems and more addictive gameplay than what Wanted Dead is offering. The game indeed nails its visual presentation, and the addition of a silly cast of characters adds to the overall personality of the game and its world. However, at the end of the day, gameplay is king and unfortunately, the king has decided to sit this one out. Wanted Dead will receive a final score of 6.5 out of 10.

Metacritic Average - of 56​

Other reviews

90 - GameSpace
74 - The Games Machine
70 - Everyeye.it
70 - CGMagazine
68 - IGN Italia
65 - God is a Geek
60 - IGN France
60 - GameOver.gr
60 - Game Rant
60 - PC Gamer
58 - Player 2
50 - Hobby Consolas
50 - GameStar
50 - Shacknews
50 - GameGrin
50 - TheSixthAxis
50 - Wccftech
50 - Xbox Achievements
45 - ZTGD
40 - Multiplayer.it
40 - Pure Xbox
40 - Checkpoint Gaming
40 - IGN
30 - XboxEra

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Great job on the review thread @Elder Legend

Shame to see the game didn't get the gameplay right...

It might turn up on gamepass and PS+ down the line and I'll try it out.

OP
OP
Elder Legend

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Great job on the review thread @Elder Legend

Shame to see the game didn't get the gameplay right...

It might turn up on gamepass and PS+ down the line and I'll try it out.
Thanks. I really wanted too like it as a fan of Ninja Gaiden, but I can't force myself to like something that's just poorly designed. I am not sure what they were thinking. Oh, also the publisher isn't reacting too well to the Tweets on the reviews. Have a look at this, super unprofessional LOL.

wanteddead.jpg

• Surprised
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Thanks. I really wanted too like it as a fan of Ninja Gaiden, but I can't force myself to like something that's just poorly designed. I am not sure what they were thinking. Oh, also the publisher isn't reacting too well to the Tweets on the reviews. Have a look at this, super unprofessional LOL.

wanteddead.jpg

Oh damn, that's bad form on them...

Reactions: Elder Legend

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
So many exclusive XBOX games nobody knows about...Who made this, Itagaki? I heard he was working on something...

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Elder Legend

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
So many exclusive XBOX games nobody knows about...Who made this, Itagaki? I heard he was working on something...
This is not an exclusive. It's multiplatform for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC.

It was made by Soleil which consists of former Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive devs.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
This is not an exclusive. It's multiplatform for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC.

It was made by Soleil which consists of former Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive devs.
Oh I saw Platform, (XBOX Series X), I assumed it was only on that platform.....So I guess it's the platform you reviewed it on....Understood, still never heard about this game till now....

OP
OP
Elder Legend

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Oh I saw Platform, (XBOX Series X), I assumed it was only on that platform.....So I guess it's the platform you reviewed it on....Understood, still never heard about this game till now....
Yes, it's the platform I did the review for. Sorry, could of clarified the actual platforms better.

Reactions: thelastword

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

wanteddead.jpg
Oooof. Some social media manager is about to not have a job lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Elder Legend
OP
OP
Elder Legend

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Looks ok for a $30 game. Enemies seem too spongy.
Yeah, I am not sure why they are charging full price for it. The budget doesn't match the asking price whatsoever. It's such a basic game in terms of visuals and production quality.