Warner Bros Discovery currently has over 60% chance of going bankrupt

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How is that even possible while being the owners of HBO? They really must've played their cards poorly.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Surely WBD between media IP ownership, foot into streaming with HBO/Max catalouge, game development contracts or indeed game studios whom have needed manpower, Sony should just buy WBD altogether.

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Surely WBD between media IP ownership, foot into streaming with HBO/Max catalouge, game development contracts or indeed game studios whom have needed manpower, Sony should just buy WBD altogether.
There's another aspect that acquiring companies may be considering, Superman, Batman and many other characters are going public domain within ten years.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
There's another aspect that acquiring companies may be considering, Superman, Batman and many other characters are going public domain within ten years.
If marvel are playing funny buggers then hedge bets with DC ownership, or feck experiment with some crossover DC v Marvel game and say hello EVO 20xx.

There's still something to be said for Sony's studios' pedigrees. I don't expect Blade to perform like Spiderman just cause it's a Marvel IP, if you see what I mean?

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There was a rumor of them discussing a merger with Paramount(?) who also have a lot of debt. It would be like piling all the dog turds in my neighbor's yard into the Triceratops turd from Jurassic Park.