WB will focus more on Live-Service games going forward - David Zaslav, Q3 Earnings Call

MiyazakiLovesKojima

EJ6dwVTW4AIOfRO.jpg

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Hogwarts was a big success for them after working with Sony for the marketing. I don't understand why both companies are not closer. They have so much in common with movies, music, TV and games.

Create a partnership.
You just outlined where they are DIRECT competitors to Sony. Did that not register?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hogwarts was a big success for them after working with Sony for the marketing. I don't understand why both companies are not closer. They have so much in common with movies, music, TV and games.

Create a partnership.

CEO'S rarely if ever make good long term decisions

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You just outlined where they are DIRECT competitors to Sony. Did that not register?
Are they really competing that much? Sony doesn't even have a streaming service. TLOU is made by HBO. Marvel is Disney so Sony is neutral with DC.

Maybe WB artists are competing with Sony Music on Spotify I don't know 🤷‍♂️

CEO'S rarely if ever make good long term decisions
They didn't work with Sony for Mortal Kombat 1 and it shows. Very little hype and marketing cycle. Not sure who made that decision. Ed Boon is friend with Phil so maybe he didn't want to work with the enemy.

Reactions: Diah

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Are they really competing that much? Sony doesn't even have a streaming service. TLOU is made by HBO. Marvel is Disney so Sony is neutral with DC.

They didn't work with Sony for Mortal Kombat 1 and it shows. Very little hype and marketing cycle. Not sure who made that decision. Ed Boon is friend with Phil so maybe he didn't want to work with the enemy.

It's like Sega releasing persona on xbox, since when do xbox fans even buy games let alone Persona of all things.

Nobody is going to buy an Xbox to play Persona

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
More live service junk that will inevitably flop, instead of creating great AAA single player experiences that are almost guaranteed to be successful like Hogwarts Legacy, Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War, etc.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Ed Boon is a huge fan of Playstation though? It simply came down to Sony sticking with Capcom for Street Fighter Marketing since Street Fighter is the biggest E-Sport Fighter.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Moves like this make Sony first party games value increase exponentially....

If they announced they were doing no PC ports and expanded the AAA single player games lineup, it would basically be the only place to consistently get high quality games like that.

Imagine they bought a handful more high quality studios with big IP's..they could push the reputation through the roof.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty