What are some good playstation focused video or audio podcasts/streams?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I have to say there is a shit ton of xbox focused podcasts and stream, and i don't know many playstation ones.

The only ones i'm aware of is

Playstation Access
Sacred Symbols
Reforge Gaming(his more neutral but has some really good discussions on playstation topics)
MBG(he has good topics but he rambles a bit)

Any other ones and what are your favourites?

Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
FatKaz

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Mystic's the best for me.

MBG's too much of a fanboy and can spend an hour talking and not saying anything.
Yeah mystic is really good. Wish he did podcasts or streams, get together with other playstation focussed youtubers.

Yeah MBG is a bit hard to listen too. Way too often his discussing a topic and goes on huge tangeants.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yeah mystic is really good. Wish he did podcasts or streams, get together with other playstation focussed youtubers.

Yeah MBG is a bit hard to listen too. Way too often his discussing a topic and goes on huge tangeants.
Oh, you said podcasts. Yeah, PS is really low on quality ones.

KingTrash is just your typical fanboy BS where 5 different people talk over each other.

Saltiest gaming is a bit more organized but it's still a circle jerk. Though his podcast has much better members who can articulate their arguments better.

Mooch is another one and he's probably the best host out of them but you won't get much in terms of objectivity.

P

peter42O

As a Patreon to Last Stand Media, I only listen to Sacred Symbols.

MBG's Press X Podcast is fine but because it's only him and no one else on his podcasts, it becomes extremely boring and tedious. He should get another PlayStation fan or two on his podcast so they can have debates and conversations which would make his podcast much more interesting to watch.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and FatKaz

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I listen / watch.....

Sacred Symbols
Mystic Ryan

Reforge Gaming (But he is pro PC port, so I try to tune out when he mentions ports)

Saltiest Gaming (Always been good to me and he has a great range of guests)

Jez7780 - very funny

David Jaffe - Great guests, one of our first sign ups to this site, often has different perspective to others.

BRAP
Crossfire Podcast -Mooch
60FNL - PRock

That's most of the people I watch. I don't always get to them all... Sacred Symbols is 3-4 hours alone, I often skip areas using the tags based on my interest.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I like Grind House Gaming, the guy is just crazy ant it's fun to listen to, if you have 2 or 3 hours to burn a couple of times a week.

Fanboy obviously, but he's an ex xbox ... so it shows that redemption is possible.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
MBG has been impossible to listen to since he started begging for channel memberships, every 30 seconds he has to break into some bs routine.

Jaffe is ok, sometimes he's good sometimes he doesn't make sense.

King thrash is only good if you enjoy console warring (but it's extremely entertaining at times)

There aren't really that many pure playstation channels besides mystic. I don't really like sacred symbols.

Tbh the podcast I like the most is Skillup's one

Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There's WUPS (What's up Playstation). Persona and Jay Bari are good dudes. They've also had some really good guests like Freya's actress and Shawn Layden.

Sacred Symbols is questionable to me. They seem to trust everything Hoeg Law and Fosspatents say. Also, this is just a personal thing but Colin's voice is kinda annoying to me, sounds congested all the time.

Reactions: Yurinka

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
There's WUPS (What's up Playstation). Persona and Jay Bari are good dudes. They've also had some really good guests like Freya's actress and Shawn Layden.

Sacred Symbols is questionable to me. They seem to trust everything Hoeg Law and Fosspatents say. Also, this is just a personal thing but Colin's voice is kinda annoying to me, sounds congested all the time.
I don't like sacred symbols because the hosts are people who like to sniff their own farts.

OP
OP
FatKaz

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
MBG has been impossible to listen to since he started begging for channel memberships, every 30 seconds he has to break into some bs routine.
Yeah i've seen a few other streamers on youtube do this.

I can understand why they do it, they get a lot of super chats and want to thank people as soon as possible .

But it also disrupts the flow of a topic, they might be discussing something interesting/fun, and then a super chat comes in and sometimes they end up moving away from whatever topic they where talking about.

A good balance is to just take a break every 10 minutes or whatever to read out superchats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatKaz

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Sacred Symbols is questionable to me. They seem to trust everything Hoeg Law and Fosspatents say.
Yeah i've noticed that on one of there podcasts just after the CMA block, one of the guys was saying (to paraphrase) "oh my god they blocked it on cloud???"

I had to roll my eyes, literally a line taken from the pro acquisition book to ridicule the CMA decision.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not a podcast, but the Mystic youtube channel publishes every Friday a new "Let's Talk PlayStation" video where he makes a great recap of the week.

It's also my favorite PS specific youtube/twitch channel.

And well, doesn't only talk about PlayStation but the David Jaffe youtube channel is very good too because of his working experience as SSM dev, contacts in the industry and from time to time great guests.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Not PS focused, but podcast wise I do like

Super Best Friend Cast / Castle Super Beast
Mid Life Gamer / Year Of Shame Challenge
Generation S (90s/00s nostalgia podcast)

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I like Reforge. He's a solid neutral observer calling out bullshit