What are the cutest, nicest and most positive games out there?

• Thread starter Deleted member 140
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 140

Let's fight the negativity!

In a world full of anger, oppression, hate speech and toxic behavior, it can be easy to get depressed by letting the darkness into your heart. Videogames can be a great way to get into a more positive mood and to lift yourself up.

What are the most cheerfully positive games? Does a game have the power to change your mood and can make you actually feel better?

From the top of my head, I have some examples:

Yoshi's Crafted World and Woolly World.

They are so beautiful and cute! The sound is charming, the design is so lovely.

Yoshis-Crafted-World_2019_01-08-19_002.jpg

Dream Daddy

This game is so full of positive vibes, with charming characters, a fun and cheerful world, and a catchy soundtrack. Really good game!

What about you, what are your favorite feel good cute games?

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It takes two

This game is such a powerful bonding experience, and me and my partner have loads of laughs when playing it together, whether we are together in the same room, or playing remotely. Seriously this game is how coop games should be done!

David Jaffe

VIP
27 Jun 2022
I don't know how good any of these are but Alanah Pearce just hosted the DEEPWELL awards, which are a bunch of games that are designed with game designers and mental health pros with the express purpose of helping people feel better mentally.

Here's where you can watch the awards.

Here's the link to the DEEPWELL publishing page...really quite interesting stuff they are trying.

And if you scroll all the way to the bottom half of this page, you can find all the games that were submitted for this year's awards (and the winners). I THINK they are all free but I'm not 100% sure.

TL;DR- dunno but maybe you'll find what you're looking for in the links above :)...

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@PurpleSky don't forget the OG cute Yoshi game, Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island!

Yoshi%27s_Island_%28Super_Mario_World_2%29_box_art.jpg

Such an amazing experience, really nice platformer overall as well.

You also have the sequel, Yoshi's Story

Yoshi%27s_Story.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 140

@PurpleSky don't forget the OG cute Yoshi game, Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island!

Yoshi%27s_Island_%28Super_Mario_World_2%29_box_art.jpg

Such an amazing experience, really nice platformer overall as well.

You also have the sequel, Yoshi's Story

Yoshi%27s_Story.jpg

Very neat, thanks! I wasn't aware of these games because I wasn't even born when they got released 😉

• haha
Reactions: Cragarmi

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Very neat, thanks! I wasn't aware of these games because I wasn't even born when they got released 😉
I played the original on the SNES, never played the second though, just saw some videos.

I'd definitely recommend playing Super Mario World 2. I think it's available via the SNES console on switch.

Reactions: Deleted member 140

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Neither has been released but look really promising.

Plucky Squire was my favourite announced game shown during the period formally known as E3, Aka; Silly Season! Hope it can live up to the hype

Reactions: Muddasar

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I always find myself going back to ResoGun and Tetris Connected (I can't remember this game's name) for autopilot fun.

Todd Howard

It just works!
VIP
29 Jun 2022
I don't know how good any of these are but Alanah Pearce just hosted the DEEPWELL awards, which are a bunch of games that are designed with game designers and mental health pros with the express purpose of helping people feel better mentally.

Here's where you can watch the awards.

Here's the link to the DEEPWELL publishing page...really quite interesting stuff they are trying.

And if you scroll all the way to the bottom half of this page, you can find all the games that were submitted for this year's awards (and the winners). I THINK they are all free but I'm not 100% sure.

TL;DR- dunno but maybe you'll find what you're looking for in the links above :)...

Very interesting, I'm going to have a look to see if I can adapt some of the ideas into my field of stars game!

• brain
Status
Not open for further replies.