What Are You Playing Right Now?

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Beat valkyrie elysium. Got 3 out of the 4 endings. Don't know if I'll bother going for the fourth one. Also been playing burnout paradise and vanquish. The latter has been pretty fun so far.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Playing warframe atm, just cleared 155 steel path content, might be looking for another game soon,

P

peter42O

Played through the first chapter in A Plague Tale Requiem. Looks amazing and plays pretty well despite being 30fps but I do have VRR and am playing on an LG CX OLED. Good opening chapter/prologue. Will continue playing tomorrow evening after work.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Got the fourth and final ending to Valkyrie elysium. Overall, if you like action jrpgs, I'd recommend it. Now I'm back to playing vanquish.

• fire
P

peter42O

Started Gotham Knights and put in just over 4 hours. I have a few nitpicks but otherwise, game is actually really good. While not perfect, combat is better than I was expecting and the story/characters have been solid but im only 3 story missions in. Will be playing this on my days off from work while continuing Requiem at night for the days im working. Playing two games at the same time is something I haven't done in a very long time. I normally play one game at a time to completion.

• party

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Beat vanquish. Definitely a fun over the top game. Not too long, but I don't need every game to be 20+ hours long. Bayonetta is next.

• party

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Almost finished Gotham Knights platinum. Start was little ruff but later clicked well, enjoyed it. 🙂 Have to finish some Stray trophies, it was a little gem.
Not sure what next, waiting for God of War R.

• fire

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Actually running thru Watchdogs 1 again.

Seeing this game in hindsight, its a much better game that I think I realized back then.
I played it too, back to back Legion.
I liked Watch Dogs a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

I played it to, back to back Legion.
I liked Watch Dogs a lot.

Greatly underrated and I take back my 7/10 score lol They do so many things well from the whole hiding in the car animation, to the hacks to stop the lights, to the AI to the hacking lore or the crazy shootouts where you can jump on a boat and escape or black out the city to kill a target or jump on the nearest train and pretend you were just some innocent person lol

The more I play this, the more I realize not only is Watchdogs better then CP2077, it has all the features CP2077 was trying to do themselves and works and connects to the entire world to tell a story. The narrative of whats going on directly effects gameplay stuff. Like in Act II where you start to hack people and if you hack people in that northern rich part of the city, they'll send hit squads out to you. The fact that its not just TALKING about some economical or racial difference, its literally directly effecting gameplay and you visually see those differences is amazing.

So the lore on the radio about the mayor and his contract with that tech company, directly has to do with missions with gangs in poor black neighborhoods and then you hear some rich bad guy say "thats why we permit Iraq to only sell it to his people" lol and then the gangs that have control over the ctOS for their own personal surveillance.

I only now realize playing this over again so many years later....people blew that downgrade thing out of proportion and Ubisoft thought deeply about how the narrative interacted with the lore, gameplay, areas in the city, what people said, what their incomes looked like, down to even gun stores only being in the poor neighborhoods. They were not only looking towards a future of what they thought America would look like, but a deeper understanding of what its currently already like. With so many conspiracies talking about Jeffery's island and human trafficking's, its funny that Watchdogs in 2014 has such a hard, raw and dark story regarding this, yet CP2077 seems to have missed that mark, at least on tone and content to reinforce those ideas.

All and all...I'm really, really happy I replayed this as I think differently about what this game did coming from what CP2077 didn't.

• fire
Reactions: Gediminas

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Still playing Bayonetta, but also got my copy of star ocean in. Just beat the second boss. So far it's been fun.

P

peter42O

Completed A Plague Tale Requiem. A great 8.5/10 game. Really enjoyed it. Now I take a break until God of War Ragnarok releases in 12 days.

Reactions: laynelane