What are your favorite Arcade Racers ever?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m just gonna rank em for now.

1. FZERO GX (GameCube)

2. WaveRace 64 (N64)
waverace-nintendo_64.gif

3. Burnout 3 (Xbox version)
4. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
5. RalliSport Challenge 2 (Xbox)

Aside from WaveRace all those games came out during the Gc/ps2/Xbox. The genre was popping off big time back then to where I want to say that was the Golden Era.

Wasn’t too hard to pick my favorites tho.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Mario Kart
Ridge Racer
Wipeout
Burnout
NFS Most Wanted

Are the ones I've enjoyed the most over the years. I prefer GT to most other racers though....so most of my time is spent in that.

I have the new Need For Speed Unbound, so I'll try and update here after I play that a decent amount.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
NFS Underground
NFS Carbon
Driveclub
Grid
Dirt

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
In no particular order:

Burnout 3
Horizon chase turbo
Outrun 2 coast 2 coast.
CTR
Sega all stars racing transformed
Need for speed underground 2

I am sure I am missing a lot, so many great games to choose.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I choose to ignore the prompt and point out racers in actual arcades that I loved. Speed Racer and Cruisin' USA all the way!

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Mario Kart
Ridge Racer
Wipeout
Burnout
NFS Most Wanted

Are the ones I've enjoyed the most over the years. I prefer GT to most other racers though....so most of my time is spent in that.

I have the new Need For Speed Unbound, so I'll try and update here after I play that a decent amount.

Got Grid Legends from Plus awhile back. Umm I actually kinda really dig it. No licensed music but custom soundtracks fix that tho I do miss possibly discovering something new.

Not sure if the DriveClub team worked on Grid like they did Dirt but intend to keep playing their racers. It definitely feels looks and plays like DriveClub but with less style. Also Drive Club has some of the best track design ever that’s missing here from what I’ve played. I would’ve kept playing that game till now if it got updated proper 🤬

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75