What aspects of a game will automatically turn you off to playing it?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Yes. I don't play anything that has micro-transactions beyond just giving it a try and I pretty much stopped playing multiplayer games once every game started to use them. Cosmetics are just as bad.

Multiplayer games were drastically better back in the day without these toxic anti-player mechanics.

These constantly changing multiplayer games always end up in a sorry state even if at one point the game was good.
Cosmetic mtx aren't bad? It's not a weapon that could be over level, or a new map to split the lobby search pools?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Cosmetic mtx aren't bad? It's not a weapon that could be over level, or a new map to split the lobby search pools?

As long as the cosmetics aren't too wacky and out of place im fine with it.

Cod has Santa Claus,Nick minaj and clowns running around with pink guns that have anime girls on it.

Not everything has to be silly like Fortnite

D

Deleted member 223

1 hit kill boss mechanics without a proper, clear and pronounced window for player reaction.

One of the worst game design fails.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

Cod has Santa Claus,Nick minaj and clowns running around with pink guns that have anime girls on it.

Oh yes, the cosmetics should fit the in-universe world. Not the silly/glowy shit.

Reactions: Box

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yes they are? They destroy the games visual and the entire game start revolving around that. I hate it. See TF2 or Dota 2.

Cosmetics always get out of hand because they'll allow anything to push more sales.

Multiplayer games were drastically better when we had the old business model of just paying once.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
How do I say... When I can see the strings?

"Go from point 1 to point 2, back again, now go to point 1.5 halfway between..."

What? I couldn't have done it 5 mins ago on my way back from point 2? Fuck you, game.
Rockstar games re guilty of this. Hate it. Forced myself to finish gta 4. Add garbage rockstar controls and u have 98 score game/s

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Sometimes cosmetic can give you an advantage as well like a new skin that is camo and reduces ppls visibility as opposed to a shiny, red outfit where you stick out like a sore thumb. As I mentioned though I like mtx in mp games.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sometimes cosmetic can give you an advantage as well like a new skin that is camo and reduces ppls visibility as opposed to a shiny, red outfit where you stick out like a sore thumb. As I mentioned though I like mtx in mp games.

Cosmetics should at least try to be lore accurate in games like COD and Battlefield.

I don't want Peter Griffin 360 no scoping me

Reactions: Gamernyc78