What console felt the most premium to you?

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Love it! I still have the one tht eventually died on me in my closet. Couldn't part with it.
Mines still alive. Use it as a Blu-ray player - not that I use it that often but I have classic films on disc like Gladiator, and the Bourne, LoTR, and PotC trilogies.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PS5 does feel very premium as well. If only the black part in the middle had a better material it would be pretty much perfect.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Saturn was my first console with a CD drive, so that was like the future
I forgot about the Saturn. I never owned one, but I played at a friends house a lot and he had one. I thought that was premium at the time.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I forgot about the Saturn. I never owned one, but I played at a friends house a lot and he had one. I thought that was premium at the time.

Felt Premium for sure. Like what is this machine that plays CD’s lol.
One my my favourite consoles. I might not compare to the PS1 and N64 in alot of ways but I love it. Defo the best 2D fighters of the generations and plenty of great JRPG’s and Schmups.

Before the Saturn all the consoles we had in the house were given to me/my dad through his friend who owned a video store. Years after they initially came out, 2nd hand etc. My friend already owned one and he was the only one with a next gen console, but we werent allowed around his house at the time lol. The rest of us were still playing Snes/ Megadrive.

Saturn was the first machine I got brand new for my birthday. £250 with 3 games, man it was so awesome. Using CD’s and Dayatona USA, Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtual Cop 2 with the light gun. Magical times

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Felt Premium for sure. Like what is this machine that plays CD’s lol.
One my my favourite consoles. I might not compare to the PS1 and N64 in alot of ways but I love it. Defo the best 2D fighters of the generations and plenty of great JRPG’s and Schmups.

Before the Saturn all the consoles we had in the house were given to me/my dad through his friend who owned a video store. Years after they initially came out, 2nd hand etc. My friend already owned one and he was the only one with a next gen console, but we werent allowed around his house at the time lol. The rest of us were still playing Snes/ Megadrive.

Saturn was the first machine I got brand new for my birthday. £250 with 3 games, man it was so awesome. Using CD’s and Dayatona USA, Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtual Cop 2 with the light gun. Magical times
Damn I forgot about Saturn too! Definitely felt premium.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
PS5. The SSD and I/O inputs along with the modern CPU, over 10 Teraflops of GPU power and 16 gig of RAM seemed like an actually powerful console. (Im sure there are PCs that can smoke it of course) and 4K blu ray player was a nice addition. I feel like the PS5 is what the PS3 intended to be.

PS3 did feel futuristic at the time because of the blu ray player but i didnt care for alot of the games from the ps3 era.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The launch PS3 with hardware emulation.

I had it too… then I flipped it. I regretted that for a bit but realized I don’t utuilize BC much at all. Would’ve been cool to have tho.

It was also nice looking. Nice trim work and finish. Then again… this new ps5 cheap model looks ugly compared to launch model too.
You were smart to get out, the original models had something like a near 100 percent failure rate, its just that they took longer to get there than the 360.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You were smart to get out, the original models had something like a near 100 percent failure rate, its just that they took longer to get there than the 360.
My two og phats lasted like 8 years of continual use. Are you referring to PS3 bcus at no time did I ever hear of them having crazy failure rates. Nothing above the norm definitely nowhere near 360 levels because no console has ever had 360 levels of rrod, ever.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
My two og phats lasted like 8 years of continual use. Are you referring to PS3 bcus at no time did I ever hear of them having crazy failure rates. Nothing above the norm definitely nowhere near 360 levels because no console has ever had 360 levels of rrod, ever.
Yes, pretty much every launch model PS3 is a ticking time bomb, most of which have went off in one way or another. Later editions are much more reliable and they took longer to get there than Xboxes but its one model I'd never feel safe buying.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
PS2

Discs came in a tall case like DVDs. Made my game library feel significant.

Also knowing it also played DVDs was also badass.

Add that to the fact you could go online with it via the network adapter. Something I never indulged in but just knowing it could felt like a huge technological advancement.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko