What do you think Bluepoint is working on?

What do you think Bluepoint is working on?

• Demon's Souls 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demon's Souls Sixth Archstone DLC

• Demon's Souls PC Port w/Nixxes

• The Last Guardian

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Sony is telling you that Bluepoint, Nixxes and Valkyrie are at the same level, do you expect original content from them too?
I'm listening to what the developers are saying

If they are making their own new IP then that's a lot of time that a small group in the company to be doing preproduction, the others in the studio will be helping other first party in Sony in the meantime. Same thing as Bend has done before or Naughty Dogs technical devs making ports and remakes while the next new IP is cooking before full productikn

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I'm listening to what the developers are saying

If they are making their own new IP then that's a lot of time that a small group in the company to be doing preproduction, the others in the studio will be helping other first party in Sony in the meantime. Same thing as Bend has done before or Naughty Dogs technical devs making ports and remakes while the next new IP is cooking before full productikn
Yeah, at least to me, it seems pretty apparent from their public communications that they're making an original IP.

But who knows, maybe I'm completely misreading the situation and will need to take the L with "I told you so" messages after an eventual reveal.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
LMAO Bluepoint making their own IP. Why not say it then? It would be so simple. But no it's this vague Original Content shit. You can keep the copium going for a little bit longer but I'm pretty sure Sony Santa Monica will announce their new game next year and Bluepoint will confirm that they were helping with that.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The post above yours already debunks this

You spent the last year claiming that Ragnarok was their "original content"
It doesn't debunk anything I said.

Yes, Ragnarok was the 'original content' or 'new game' they were working on after Demon's Souls, as it can double checked in the game credits and Linked In.

Since they released GoWR (they didn't work in Valhalla) they are working in another new game (as support studio, with somebody else as lead studio). They don't have anyone with roles like game director or creative director, or enough designers. Can't lead a AAA game.

I can't entirely agree with this perspective. I think they do have the developers and resources to make a AA or AAA original game.

Though, I would like them to also continue supporting with remakes.
You can compare the Bluepoint members listed in the GoWR credits in Moby Games with their current staff in Linkedin. You'll see basically everybody was working there except a few guys they hired when finishing the project. In some of them you see the periods and that jumped -at different points, not everybody joins a game at the same time- from Demon's Souls to there.

You'll also see there that most of them are artists and have a small team of coders and specially designers, who are under half a dozen people. Plus doesn't have anyone in game director or creative director roles.

The team they have fits more with the support/remaster/remakes (in theory they left behind remakes/remasters and now were working on new games) team they are, not the one of a lead dev team studio.

Last edited: