What do you think Deviation Games is working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
It's been a little over a year now since Dave Anthony and Jason Blundell announced Deviation Games & their partnership with Sony. We don't know much about what their game is, so it's still very much shrouded in mystery. I reckon we're also a while out before getting a proper reveal, but that only allows folks to become more intrigued by the project, making them wonder what it could be.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The studio is very new, and the game went into full production very recently. I think it'll be at least a couple of years before we see it.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well considering it is lead by Jason Blundell and Dave Anthony of COD history.

I have no doubt it is an FPS.

I mean why would Sony or anyone else sign a deal with them.

Pretty sure there was an article comfirming they are developing a FPS game.

Sony still desperately needs a game which fills the void of COD eventually becoming an exclusive.

Don’t need a Halo killer anymore cause Microsoft and 343 did that for Sony.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's been a little over a year now since Dave Anthony and Jason Blundell announced Deviation Games & their partnership with Sony. We don't know much about what their game is, so it's still very much shrouded in mystery. I reckon we're also a while out before getting a proper reveal, but that only allows folks to become more intrigued by the project, making them wonder what it could be.

Some time ago I did a research on their LinkedIn job offers and found this:
I'd say it will be a PS5 exclusive Unreal Engine 5 2026 big ass AAA action MMORPG (pretty likely shooter) new IP, focused on online multiplayer but with single player story campaign and coop. It would feature a persistent world, quests, missions, ballistic weapons, vehicles and Sony-like properly animated cutscenes and characters.

Since late 2019, add at least a year for building the team and make preproduction, plus an additional 5-6 years of production, maybe more due to covid, being a new IP and the first game of the studio, don't expect their first game to be relesed until at least late 2025 or 2026. If it gets a delay pretty likely they'll give them some extra time on top and will put it as PS5/PS6 crossgen PS6 launch game.

The leads of the studio and many people more from the team (they have over 120 people in LinkedIn) come from Treyarch/CoD (mostly BO but also the other ones) or Blizzard (they also hav Diablo and WoW producer, to name one). Most of their staff are senior devs who worked in other top AAA games in places like Ubisoft, Respawn, Infinity Ward, Splash Damage, Firaxis, DICE, Rockstar, ID Soft, Bethesda, Ready At Dawn, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, ND, SSM, EA, Skydance, Remedy, The Coalition, Turn 10, 343, plus a few animators from Dreamworks or Disney. Top tier studio.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Some time ago I did a research on their LinkedIn job offers and found this:
I'd say it will be a PS5 exclusive Unreal Engine 5 2026 big ass AAA action MMORPG (pretty likely shooter), focused on online multiplayer but with single player story campaign and coop. It would feature a persistent world, quests, missions, fire weapons, vehicles and Sony-like properly animated cutscenes and characters.

Wow more ambitious than I expected.

So basically a Destiny like game?

FPS/MMORPG?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
FPS/RPG with some type of online component. I’m thinking something along the lines of Destiny, Titanfall, and spec ops

Actually a bit more curious to see what Firewalk comes up with since its more near to competition. I wonder what some of these shooters are gonna do to separate themselves on the market

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Well considering it is lead by Jason Blundell and Dave Anthony of COD history.

I have no doubt it is an FPS.

I mean why would Sony or anyone else sign a deal with them.

Pretty sure there was an article comfirming they are developing a FPS game.

Sony still desperately needs a game which fills the void of COD eventually becoming an exclusive.

Don’t need a Halo killer anymore cause Microsoft and 343 did that for Sony.

I would rather say the minute Bungie left and started Destiny, Halo died.

Destiny is everything Halo maybe could have been under Bungie.

You see them try to make it a 10 year plan.

Reactions: Muddasar

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I would rather say the minute Bungie left and started Destiny, Halo died.

Destiny is everything Halo maybe could have been under Bungie.

You see them try to make it a 10 year plan.

Shows how bad the management is at microsoft. If they had a proper vision they would own both Bungie and Destiny IP right now.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wow more ambitious than I expected.

So basically a Destiny like game?

FPS/MMORPG?
I edited the post to add more info of previous studios of a few dozen of random staff members. Sounds like CoD devs and other AAA devs making something like their Destiny with Sony narrative stuff on top. Weirdly I found a ton of people there who previously worked in many popular studios but only one of them in Bungie.

Maybe they chase something more RPG/narrative stuff (for the campaign) like Fallout, Dragon Age, Skyrim or Mass Effect.

A multiplayer live service game. PS5 PC. Probably a shooter.
They hired good writers, seems it's going to have a single player story campaign and will be for PS5, I highly doubt it gets released on PC, at least during a couple of years.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Shows how bad the management is at microsoft. If they had a proper vision they would own both Bungie and Destiny IP right now.

I think MS went to buy them and the only way Sony could counter MS’s money is giving Bungie a bunch of money plus some independence

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I think whatever it is, it'll be the new FPS hotness. I think the FPS space is opening up to new challengers

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I can't tell y'all how happy I am for this to be a story driven FPS game. PlayStation is about to fill that void they've had, this generation

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

Edit: To be clear I'm happy that it is story driven. It could've been 3rd person or a FPS, but it's good for PS to fill that FPS hole

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think MS went to buy them and the only way Sony could counter MS’s money is giving Bungie a bunch of money plus some independence

MS shouldn’t have let them walk out the door in the first place. They were too stubborn and laser focused on putting out more halo games instead of giving their biggest studio a break to create a new IP.

Imagine if Naughty Dog never took a break from Uncharted

Status
Not open for further replies.