What exactly happened with PS5 development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PlayStation Won’t Be At Gamescom 2022

The report states (machine translated) that “Sony Interactive Entertainment will not be taking part in Gamescom 2022.” Though, what that ultimately means could be multiple things.

Last year, PlayStation was absent from the show floor, though still provided some announcements during the live opening show.

Sony not attending Gamescom however isn’t all that different, as it has been consistently avoiding appearing at shows like Gamescom for years now, only going so far as to present a State Of Play during this years Summer Games Fest. A September Showcase perhaps?

https://www.psu.com/news/playstation-wont-be-at-gamescom-2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 38

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Jimbo : we a looking at many many shows to show up..
Reality : everything is canceled :D

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Gamescom is a big deal...
But a bigger deal would be BRINGING PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE BACK!!!
I couldnt stress this enough, they could literally never show their faces again in any other event, if you had smaller SoPs and a yearly PSX event.
Sony should be bringing publishers to their event and not the other way around.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gamescom is a big deal...
But a bigger deal would be BRINGING PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE BACK!!!
I couldnt stress this enough, they could literally never show their faces again in any other event, if you had smaller SoPs and a yearly PSX event.
Sony should be bringing publishers to their event and not the other way around.

Thank you, exactly how I feel.

Now Sony are making PC peripherals and accessories.... WTF are they thinking?

I am really disappointed in how this new management bend and snap to every opposition they have.... they run after Xbox and they bend to PC gamers and they try to ignore Nintendo. Now they are featuring during other companies shows.... what next?

Embarrassing leadership.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I am really disappointed in how this new management bend and snap to every opposition they have.... they run after Xbox and they bend to PC gamers and they try to ignore Nintendo. Now they are featuring during other companies shows.... what next?

Embarrassing leadership.
I cant help but to agree, I understand the point of broadening your market expectancy, but Sony never had to resort to that before. The late ps3 and the ps4 era proved that sony doesnt need that, they started that generation really bad (despite having the superior console) and with nothing but good ass management the ps3 outsold the 360 and ps4 came to sell over 100 million units. They never needed PC and they still dont. Its nothing but greed from Jim Ryan and it will hurt Playstation in the long run. I said publishers should be the ones going to Playstation, but thats true about players too. The playstation AAA experience like none other should be exclusive to this platform.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Sigh... Jim Ryan just doesn't get it.

What happens when Xbox suposedly pull the nose up on alll these studios they've spaffed money on, still have GP in the back pocket, but hopefully start making AAA games, eroding Sony's most strong aspect?

Its not as if Sony are pushing BC, or PSNow like they should. Anything MS are doing with GP/Xcloud should have been Sony's for the taking considering early purchases of Onlive/Gaikai, and they squandered it.

You should attend these game shows, if only for positive reaction/word of mouth.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Embarrassing leadership.

Yeah Playstation experience and another show once a year would be great. Then they can have these poopy state of plays, but do 1 big show plus an experience like event for the fans

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Shocking :eek:

I mean they didn't attended Gamescom even when they have big E3 shows... now they don't have any E3 show why they will attend Gamescom?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Did we have two competing designs like Sega Dreamcast designs before release? The White Belt (Katana/Guppy) and the Black Belt (Shark/ Dural)? I feel like we saw patents for a lot of stuff that i dont believe were ultimately used?

Like the double sided circuit board, and instead we got the monster heat sink contraption. touch screen dual sense controller, fingertracking vr gloves as opposed to the cufflinks controllers etc. Come to think of it, as a wider question, do we know publically what happened in Sony's management shakeup (the why?), that displaced Adam B, Shu, Shawn Layden etc?

Edit: Realised the PS prefix could be just for news, and maybe I should have used the discussion prefix? I don't seem to be able to change it myself if I was wrong.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Man its been awhile since Ive those Dreamcast code names. Katana and Blackbelt lol…… So kewl

Id love to know what happened to Shawn, Andrew House andAdam B. Whoever decided to fuck up Japanstudios was not a good move. I loved the smaller games

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Also, did I totally misunderstand some feature in the PS5 prerelease info?

I was imagining some PS-based creative/sharing content community, uploading curated verticle slices of games (say, sending your friend a messsge on PS, which challenges him to beat a "boss rush" gauntlet you've set for him, by curating the different game-play segments).

Did I make that shit up? Cause if I did, you can use it for free. I think that'd be great for brand engagement/integrating with esports/social media/streaming. But it all links back to PS console ecosystem.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Also, did I totally misunderstand some feature in the PS5 prerelease info?

I was imagining some PS-based creative/sharing content community, uploading curated verticle slices of games (say, sending your friend a messsge on PS, which challenges him to beat a "boss rush" gauntlet you've set for him, by curating the different game-play segments).

Did I make that shit up? Cause if I did, you can use it for free. I think that'd be great for brand engagement/integrating with esports/social media/streaming. But it all links back to PS console ecosystem.

Sounds like Something that would get mentioned and then totally ignore or not used. Like the cards, that shit hardly gets used like they said it would lol, or maybe its just me lol

Reactions: ksdixon

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well they give us the most beautiful console ever made.
Sadly they fucked the design with a disc bay.
But give the option for these that love good looking things.

The color choice was a ace too.
White looks so amazing that I can’t buy black consoles anymore :p

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 38
Status
Not open for further replies.