What game constantly pushed on the internet was a disappointment for you?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
For me it's definitely Persona 5, that game is a real slog. The prologue is like 15 hours long. The battles are extremely repetitive and tedious, it's so brain dead easy. Attack the enemy weakness, they flip over, now do an All Out Attack. Rinse and repeat with the same song for the entire 150 hour game. The story is also full of lame anime cliches, every charecter is a one dimensional trope and Morgana only exists to be a mouth piece for the silent MC. Everytime you go to a new dunegon the party decides to turn back and wait an entire day.

I have no idea why the Internet seems to love this game, maybe they just love weeb games? I dont know but man was this game a massive letdown.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
D:OS2. Played on Switch and gave up like two hours in. Found the interface confusing, probably would have liked it on PC.

edit: Oh, and Steamworld Dig 2. I enjoyed 1 but 2 wasn't fun and I dropped it after five or so hours.

edit 2: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Wii U fans must have been super desperate to have hyped this as a secret classic, though me playing the Switch port with semi-gimped controls probably didn't help.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The Witcher 3. I know it's one of the best games out there, but I just can’t stand its gameplay. I don’t know why I can't get into it, and I’ve tried many times.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
This x2. Played it for a bit, didn't really like it, and had my gamer credentials dragged through the mud by some of my own "friends" who suddenly hated me for not liking it. Allowed that to pressure me into buying it to "try again" but still haven't brought myself to do it.

I've regretted caving to that ever since, Those people are already out of my life now anyways.

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
The Witcher 3. I know it's one of the best games out there, but I just can’t stand its gameplay. I don’t know why I can't get into it, and I’ve tried many times.
I'm going to second The Witcher 3 here. Gave it a solid 15 hours, but it's just not for me. I did enjoy the depth of the side quests - it was quite refreshing to play quests that aren't just "This janitor needs a cup of coffee, go across the street and buy one for them," but the gameplay was not my cup of tea (or coffee).

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Every Mortal Kombat. They've been making fighting games for like 30 years and make more money than any of the other guys, yet still can't figure out how to make jumping feel normal.

Reactions: daniel5043

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Nier Automata. I forced myself to finish that game and it was so boring. And then people told me I need to beat it more than once.....no thanks, if it wasn't enjoyable at all for 15 hours, I'm not gonna force myself to play another 15+ hours.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Nier Automata. I forced myself to finish that game and it was so boring. And then people told me I need to beat it more than once.....no thanks, if it wasn't enjoyable at all for 15 hours, I'm not gonna force myself to play another 15+ hours.

Yes! I'm glad someone else disliked tbat game, the graphics and art style were terrible and the story was full of lame anime cliches. Why are there transparent black bars in cutscenes? It looks like an amateur made this game.

All the enemies are these blocky lego looking robots, who all seem to have the same recycled animations.

Whos idea was it to that once you finish the game, that u need to play as another charecter doing the same story but with a lame hacking mini game?

The Music is terrible too, it's all just celtic chanting. I dont know why people praise this, you walk through an empty field and all you hear is celtic chanting instead of proper ambient music.

I can tell that Yoko Taro the director is on the Autism spectrum.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Agree about Persona 5 and Witcher 3.

Atlus tried to improve on everything from Persona 4. Unfortunately the game is bloated as fuck cause of it.

Witcher 3 I never finished cause it just became tedious.

RDR - Boring

TLOU2 - Another bloated game which eventually became a chore to play.

Half Life 2 - No matter how many times I play it just doesn’t impress me as a game. Played the game on launch and even then it felt like I’m playing a tech demo.

Reactions: Box