What game constantly pushed on the internet was a disappointment for you?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yes! I'm glad someone else disliked tbat game, the graphics and art style were terrible and the story was full of lame anime cliches. Why are there transparent black bars in cutscenes? It looks like an amateur made this game.

All the enemies are these blocky lego looking robots, who all seem to have the same recycled animations.

Whos idea was it to that once you finish the game, that u need to play as another charecter doing the same story but with a lame hacking mini game?

The Music is terrible too, it's all just celtic chanting. I dont know why people praise this, you walk through an empty field and all you hear is celtic chanting instead of proper ambient music.

I can tell that Yoko Taro the director is on the Autism spectrum.
Yeah the graphics are hideous and the gameplay is so easy and some of the worst hack and slash combat I’ve played. You start the game off pretty strong and there’s pretty much no feeling of progression. Combat barely changes at all throughout the game even with different mods equipped. Honestly I think it’s just people simping over 2B 😂

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah the graphics are hideous and the gameplay is so easy and some of the worst hack and slash combat I’ve played. You start the game off pretty strong and there’s pretty much no feeling of progression. Combat barely changes at all throughout the game even with different mods equipped. Honestly I think it’s just people simping over 2B 😂

Nier Replicant flopped hard, while Automata sold 8 million. It just proves most people only bought it for 2B. Platinum games have always been very hit and miss, there is a reason nobody wants to buy them.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The souls games, I don't like the controls... I tried many titles in the series, for many hours and never got to like them too much.

Any Mario or Zelda since the move to 3D

WRPGs, none of them are good.

Burn me at the stake!

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Disco Elysium
Witcher 3
Mario Galaxy 1-2 ( Give me M64, Sunshine and Odyssey instead )

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Every naughty dog game ever. Can’t stand their gunplay. It feels like I’m dragging a cursor with a delay… yuck

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
MGS 3: Convoluted game with lots of systems that turned out to be really tedious. At launch on the PS2, performance was abysmal compared to the excellent MGS2 which didn't help. The "jungle" sessions were pretty boring, didn't like the pseudo James Bond vibe, camouflage, eating, healing, and all the other systems. A prelude of the survival genre from a decade after.

Wonderful 101: Tried it quite some time, some folks insist on the game being the greatest character action ever. I just could not get used to the flow of the game or the controls. Platinum has amazing ideas but execution is hit and miss at times.

Burnout Paradise: The fact that it was a new Burnout game with a high MC was enough for me to buy it without doubt. But the move to open world didn't do the game any favours. Didn't even play 10 hours.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
MGS 3: Convoluted game with lots of systems that turned out to be really tedious. At launch on the PS2, performance was abysmal compared to the excellent MGS2 which didn't help. The "jungle" sessions were pretty boring, didn't like the pseudo James Bond vibe, camouflage, eating, healing, and all the other systems. A prelude of the survival genre from a decade after.

Wonderful 101: Tried it quite some time, some folks insist on the game being the greatest character action ever. I just could not get used to the flow of the game or the controls. Platinum has amazing ideas but execution is hit and miss at times.

Burnout Paradise: The fact that it was a new Burnout game with a high MC was enough for me to buy it without doubt. But the move to open world didn't do the game any favours. Didn't even play 10 hours.

Burnout Paradise ruined the series and kinda left me with prejudice towards most open world racers. Burnout 3 is clearly the peak. How dare they remaster Paradise over Takedown. Disgusting