What game or series has the best boss fights you've ever experienced?

Ico

Banned
8 May 2024
Legendary moment in gaming no question!!!

honestly the entire final act of kh2 is amazing, every 1x1 agaisnt organization XIII felt hard asf and i cant even chose a favorite one, this also made me be one of those kh3 haters for a while bc i disliked all that gang bosses at the end of the game, but after the dlc with the new 1x1 fights i grew out of it lmao

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
MGS series has the most iconic and creative boss fights of any series

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I am not sure which one had the best ones, but I definetly want to give a shut out to Drakengard 3 and Gravity Rush 2 boss fights.

The boss fight that finished off the first act in GR2 was probably the most impressive boss fight I have seen on the 8th gen technical wise. It's basically a huge floating island you have to fight, with tons of particles and physics flying around you. Still impressive that they made this run so well on the weak PS4.
GRAVITY_RUSHTM_2_20230715164947.png

Looking forward to how It will look on PS5 when the remaster finally drops.

Puppeteer also had some of the coolest looking boss fight, and they were done in a very interesting way both gameplay and artistic wise;
PuppeteerTM_22.png

PuppeteerTM_53.png

Also of course - SOTC, FF16 and GoW 3 were probably all listed by now, so no point for me to bring them up again.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
honestly the entire final act of kh2 is amazing, every 1x1 agaisnt organization XIII felt hard asf and i cant even chose a favorite one, this also made me be one of those kh3 haters for a while bc i disliked all that gang bosses at the end of the game, but after the dlc with the new 1x1 fights i grew out of it lmao
Damn… I’m a KH3 hater unfortunately. I played vanilla at launch, left very disappointed, will the DLC change my opinion?

Ico

Banned
8 May 2024
Damn… I’m a KH3 hater unfortunately. I played vanilla at launch, left very disappointed, will the DLC change my opinion?

idk if you like the story addition, since it wont change much of what you already know and played, BUT, after finishing it you unlock a mode that let you 1x1 every orgXIII member, and is 100% worth, miles better than any boss fight from the main game, they all have very unique movesets and gimmicks that will give you the good time that the story failed to deliver

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
You know.. this is actually a tough question to answer. I never really looked at boss fights in that capacity (I don't know why).
I wouldn't say these are "the best" in any way, shape or form, but I guess the ones I remember vividly:

1) Tyrant from Resident Evil 1 Remake. The fact you see the different characters you rescue, and a slight change in the cutscene, depending if you chose Jill or Chris was really neat. The fact the Tyrant can smack the rocket out of the way (the first time that ever happened to me in like 6+ different runs) BLEW MY MIND! And I played it on GC, PS3 (originally bought it there) and completed a few more times on the cross-bought PS4 version.
2) Killing Ganon (Ocarina of Time) using the bottle.

Reactions: laynelane

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Orphan of kos for the difficulty and gehrmann/lady maria for the vibes and setting from bloodborne.
Hyperion in returnal is another one which all round great from the music to the vibes to the actual fight.
The secret final boss from OT 1 and 2, truly challenging and needs a lot of thinking & strategy.

I would add in Sephiroth as well as I consider him to be one of the best written and designed antagonists in games

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Came in to post God of War 3! Perhaps I'm aging and thus have fewer experiences I appreciate over time or God of War is just that good because my mind was properly blown playing those bosses. What a great time.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Came in to post God of War 3! Perhaps I'm aging and thus have fewer experiences I appreciate over time or God of War is just that good because my mind was properly blown playing those bosses. What a great time.
It still holds tht crown imo.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
MGS1 has the best bosses of all time, either in term of persona and charisma, or in terms of gameplay and mechanics, and by now I just accepted that nobody can never top it Again. It is just like what Pyramids of Egypt are for Architecture.

Second place I'd put GOW3, Hades specially, he was the closest that gave me that MGS1 bosses feel again.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
MGS1 has the best bosses of all time, either in term of persona and charisma, or in terms of gameplay and mechanics, and by now I just accepted that nobody can never top it Again. It is just like what Pyramids of Egypt are for Architecture.

Second place I'd put GOW3, Hades specially, he was the closest that gave me that MGS1 bosses feel again.
🔥🔥

• Shake
Reactions: SSfox