What Games got snubbed at the game awards?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Imo Starfield wouldn't deserve to be GOTY in a year without any other games, let alone in a year as strong as 2023.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Starfield got snubbed big time

:mad:

okay but really though it’s sad sonic superstars didn’t get apear.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Ah my mistake. I think it should be somewhere in the goty award though. I don’t think ff16 deserves a award for anything other than best movie tbh.
The game got a 71 on metacritic, its lucky nobody actually does due diligence on the "family" game award.

Edit: And, after listening to a twelve year old asking his mom for the CoD battlepass at Walmart earlier this week (she called dad about it, truly an affair for the whole family!) I really question what it is these people think kids play, anyway.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
The game got a 71 on metacritic, its lucky nobody actually does due diligence on the "family" game award.

Edit: And, after listening to a twelve year old asking his mom for the CoD battlepass at Walmart earlier this week (she called dad about it, truly an affair for the whole family!) I really question what it is these people think kids play, anyway.

C6A9A26E-363A-47EB-B3E9-B01579FF534B.jpeg

basically the issue here.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

90% of Sonic fans are over the age of 30. I tried getting my nephews into traditional gaming and they seem to only be interested in Roblox and Fortnite 😢

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It's a great original puzzle game with interesting music, art, puzzles, etc. Game Awards should be trying to find categories to give it awards.
Its a tough year and aside from music (haven't heard any, can't judge) I don't think there were any notable dud candidates that took spots it deserved. There aren't really enough original puzzle games each year to justify that as a category anymore.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m assuming Hogwarts got snubbed to please the resetera folk who pretend like it doesn’t exist.

And for no other reason.

Listen, we have our own specific tastes in games. The forum gamer is … a fan of niche things for the most part. But speak to anyone else about games and they think Hogwarts and Assasin’s Creed are the best games in the world.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I’m assuming Hogwarts got snubbed to please the resetera folk who pretend like it doesn’t exist.

And for no other reason.

Listen, we have our own specific tastes in games. The forum gamer is … a fan of niche things for the most part. But speak to anyone else about games and they think Hogwarts and Assasin’s Creed are the best games in the world.

Or it got snubbed because, while it was a sales success, there's nothing about it that makes it goty. I've played it, it's a good game but nothing special when compared with many other games this year.