What has been the funniest meme this gen?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Given that its something that gets brought up repeatedly across many different places, yes it is a meme, an actual one, using the real definition. The definition of meme isn't "funny image", not sure how people got it in their head that it was one.

Have you read the thread title?

Humorous or not it is NOT a meme.

What qualifies as a meme?

A meme is a cultural phenomenon that is spread through social media or other platforms. A person creates an image or video with a humorous or relatable message, which is then shared with others.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You don't know the definition of the term.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Well done for derailing the thread.

What qualifies as a meme?

A meme is a cultural phenomenon that is spread through social media or other platforms. A person creates an image or video with a humorous or relatable message, which is then shared with others.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony fanboys in here mad that PS5 has no real exclusive getting worked up over a meme?

Deal with it because the list is only going to get smaller going forward.

If you love and defend Sony so much stand by their decisions, the lack of PS5 exclusives is just a fact.

• angry

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It ain’t a meme.

That’s the point.

BTW, what is a real exclusive?
It is a meme, PS5 has no exclusives.

Stay Mad GIF

• angry

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You’re full of shit.

That’s what.

Get help. Your drivel is getting tiresome.

Back on ignore again.
Damn, this clearly gets to you. The PS5 has close to no exclusives even 4 years after release.

At least you can sleep well knowing that Destruction AllStars is safe.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oh, you won't do the list.
So you shared this list, but suddenly it is a meme thread when you are called out on it.

That picture is not meme at all.
I agree its not a meme.
Nintendo has released a decent amount of exclusives for Switch though. They got away not having as many as they should because they ported alot of games from Wii U, Wii, Gamecube though. Next generation will be interested as game making wise its a fresh start and will be harder for them

2017-2020. Mario Odessey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon games, Xenoblade chronicles 2 to namw some

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sony fanboys in here mad that PS5 has no real exclusive getting worked up over a meme?

Deal with it because the list is only going to get smaller going forward.

If you love and defend Sony so much stand by their decisions, the lack of PS5 exclusives is just a fact.
Shut the hell up "phil Lover"

Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I agree its not a meme.
Nintendo has released a decent amount of exclusives for Switch though. They got away not having as many as they should because they ported alot of games from Wii U, Wii, Gamecube though. Next generation will be interested as game making wise its a fresh start and will be harder for them

2017-2020. Mario Odessey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon games, Xenoblade chronicles 2 to namw some
Nintendo set everything up perfectly.

One weaker plataform that keeps costs low, expands their market by also being portable and a bunch of IPs that do great into that environment.

I was just playing FFVII Rebirth rigth now and its absurd how much effort is put into these modern games.

Nintendo is pretty much still making the same games they were making 20 or even 30 years ago and people love them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, here you go. Its something like 3 months out of date so stuff like Paper Mario has TBA as a release date.

jbFle5V.png

Alright so for the fun of it let us compare the PS5 from November 12th, 2020 to June 2nd, 2024 (1298 Days) vs the Switch from March 3rd, 2017 to September 21st, 2020 (1298 Days) and see how the exclusives compare

So here are all the switch games on that list that are on other platforms:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild - release on Wii U on the Same day as Switch
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 3 year old port of Mario Kart 8 on Wii U
3. Pokken Tournament - Port of a Wii U 2016 Game
4. You have Xenoblade Chronicless listed here twice in 2017 and 2018. I guess you are talking about the expansion that came out in 2018 and if your going to count that as a separate game you might as well count Horizon Burning Shores on PS5 then
5. Bayonetta 1 and 2 is a wii u port and bayonetta 1 is one 360, PS3, and steam
6. Hyrule Warrirors is a Wii U Port (It also had a New 3DS version but I'm not sure if that counts as the same game.)
7. Sushi Strikers had a 3DS port on the same day
8. Donkey Kong Country TF is a 4 year old Wii U port that was $10 more expensive on switch (They also tried to remove the wii u version on the eShop when this released as well.) https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...-freeze-removed-from-wii-u-digital-store.aspx
9. Captain Toad Treasure Tacker is a 4 year old Wii U Port but even if you count it as a new game on switch because of the Odyssey content, the Switch port also released on 3DS the same day as well
10. Octopath Traveler is on PC and Xbox One as well. For some reason this never came to PS4
11. WarioWare Gold 2018 is a 3DS? I'm not too sure why you included it on the list?
12. New Super Mario Bros Deluxe is a port of a 2012 Wii U Game
13. daemon x machina got a Steam port on February 13th, 2020
14. Tokyo Mirage Session is a port of a 2016 Wii U Game
15. Pokemon Cafe also released on mobile
16. Kirby Fighters 2 just missed out as it released on September 23rd, 2020 (which was Nintendo's 131st Anniversary)
17. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a Wii U Port
18. Part Time UFO released in October of 2020 so it missed out and also has an iOS and Android ports
19. Super Mario Bros 35 released in October 2020 so it missed the cut off date
20. Mario Kart: Home Circuit released in October 2020 so it missed the cut off date
21. Hyrule Warriors released in November 2020 so it missed the cut off date
22. Fitness Boxing 2 released in December of 2020 and missed the cut off date

Now there are three games on that list I'm not too sure of:
Mario Tennis Aces- This feels like what Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was suppose to be but Nintendo needed a Holiday 2015 game so they released an early build of Mario Tennis Aces on Wii U

Another is XenoBlade Chronicles 1- This already was remastered on New 3Ds and it's how I played and beat the game back in 2016. I now this is extra remastered for the switch but should this really count as another switch exclusive?

Lastly Super Mario 3D All-Stars is literally ports using emulation to run SM64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, Should this really count as a new game?

That leaves you with:
1-2 Switch
Snipperclips
Flipwars
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Mario and Rabbids
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey
Kirby Star Allies
Labo Variety
Labo Robot
Mario Tennis Aces
Go Vacation
Labo Vehicle
Super Mario Party
Pokemon Let's Go
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Fitness Boxing
Tetris 99
Yoshi Crafted World
Labo VR
Box Boy +
Cadence of Hyrule
Mario Maker 2
Marvel Ultimate Allience 3
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Kirby Clash
The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening Remake
Ring Fit
Luigi's Mansion 3
The Stretchers
Pokemon Sword/Shield
Brain Training
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Deluxe
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Good Job!
Xenoblade 1
Clubhouse games 51
Jump Rope
Paper Mario Oragami King
and lastly Super Mario 3D all-stars

which is a long list but not many heavy hitters in it besides Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Mario Odyssey But a couple years from now how many of those games will get Switch 2 remasters and get kicked off the list of exclusive switch games.
Also some of those games like Super Smash Bros and Splatoon 2 had help of quick development thanks to The previous entries on Wii U

Last edited:
  • Shake

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Poor Craig is the number one star meme of this gen. A next gen console showing that lazy effort by 343 in a demo did some damage to the launch. The face that launched the new Xbox console with no new first party game. I can't think of any console that released with no first party games...ever.

Reactions: Sircaw

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
It would be in Nintendo's side by a significant margin, along with Sony being like 50 feet back and MS being like 100 feet back behind Sony.

Nintendo is in such an incredibly smart position: like it can sell a ample budget remaster & sell more than Demon Souls remake & Shadow of the Collosus.

They have also found a way to keep the device relatively small and seem less expensive, sell many people might just buy several of them because it's not like a PS5 which is a BIG machine.

- now I think Sony can compete with them very well with a handheld that can immediately play the entire PS4 library, because spec & feature wise I think the Sony handheld will be better (better vibrations, Trophies, helps and tips), while Nintendo will have to put effort into PORTING the games from that generation to the switch 2 & by that time Sony will be porting several PS5 games.