What have been your hardest gaming challenges in 2024 so far?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So you buy a platform that's overwhelmingly shitty shovelware games, bad AAA ports, + indies and are surprised you're having trouble finding games to play?
This is the first year in the Switches 8 years of life where they have literally nothing for me. Its been a good ride until now but them holding back Switch 2 and replacing it with nothing leads to a super crappy year.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
FF7 rebirth genji trials. Harder than any souls game i've played that's for sure.
Souls games are easy af. FF7Rebirth has real difficulty, the kind of difficulty that makes you a better gamer, which Souls games don't do at all. I wanted to go for the platinum in Rebirth but just gave up, the game aint worth the stress.

I have literally negative interest in precision platformers. I would rather watch paint dry. Stellar Blade and 7 R aren't on PC yet. Over on Switch we got a Good Feel game (faaaart) and a bunch of ports.

The only 2024 games I've played so far this year are Pal World and the Riven remake. Both were okay, and thats being real generous with Riven.

Ballatro looks good though, been thinking of pulling the trigger on it for months now.
Check out Skull and Bones

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Crash Bandicoot 4.

More challenging than Elden Ring especially towards the end.

Ridiculous for a platformer.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I have been trying to beat Kingdom Hearts 2 on Critical Difficulty with the EXP Zero ability equipped keeping me at level 1. A level 1 critical run basically.
I'm a little more than halfway through and am currently stuck on three boss fights: The Experiment, giant genie Jafar, and Xaldin, and I keep getting my butt kicked due to how incredibly delicate Sora is. Does not take much to get killed.
You are living through my life in 2005-07 when I obsessed over KH2.
Swear KH2FM critical mode and BBS critical mode is what prepped me for Demons souls way back lol