OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sly Cooper cause reasons... to see sworn rival and eternal enemy Ratchet and Clank get all the love breaks my heart.

On a more serious tone.... Castlevania, Megaman (preferably X/origin story mixed) and Contra. All 3D and AAAA.

Studio competences of Sony's first party is mostly lacking for those games however. But third party could work. Fromsoftware/Bluepoint for Castlevania.

Platinum Games with Vanquish, and Housemarque with Returnal have working blueprints of sorts for both Megaman and Contra respectively. Gears basically being an even better blueprint for Contra - without the god awful controls, pace and animations obviously - something Housemarque's returnal is much better at, as is the gunplay and a hypothetical contra gunplay. Gears however nails a similar story synopsis with a dudebro cast fighting a similar invasion crises - the look, spectacle and setpieces if you will - the world overall...... even the choppers are Contra choppers.

Vanquish is literally Mega man without Mega man. What a gem of a game for the budget.

I hope you were watching the Dead Cells return to Castlevania reviews..... looks really good.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I hope you were watching the Dead Cells return to Castlevania reviews..... looks really good.
I read the thread. Don't like crossovers for anything, ever. Do own the collection from PSN, I believe 100% trophies too. Big fan of the series, I even owned sealed NES titles once when I was into collecting NES/SNES games. Sold them obviously... life, time and space made me drop that hobby. Should fetch pretty pennies now.... sold to a collector in Sweden that bought most of my collection. Paid a bit of premium to ship to Sweden no problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1658458881...H/5aF8+v9wSBldZo2sJnOMOjBl|tkp:Bk9SR8bJ4JbXYQ

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
How is Dark Cloud not on the fucking list? Plebs.

Back with a splash!

Pool Dunk GIF by WEEDIQUETTE

Welcome!

Also Folklore.....

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Back with a splash!

Pool Dunk GIF by WEEDIQUETTE

Welcome!

Also Folklore.....
Yeah, Folklore was severely underrated and under-marketed. I don't understand some of the decisions by these companies. Once in awhile they just decide to derp and not advertise a title that's actually good :/

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Only Bloodborne, I'd even taken Demons Souls 2

Jak and Daxter / Sly if they can find the right developer who can compete with recent Ratchets in terms of quality

The rest, there is a good reason they aren't being made anymore

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Only Bloodborne, I'd even taken Demons Souls 2

Jak and Daxter / Sly if they can find the right developer who can compete with recent Ratchets in terms of quality

The rest, there is a good reason they aren't being made anymore
Insomniac can easily do Jak and Daxter or Sly. Also, isn't there a studio in San Diego that was purposely created to work on old franchises?