What is a game that you think is an underrated MASTERPIECE?

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sleeping_Dogs_-_Square_Enix_video_game_cover.jpg

Sleeping Dogs. From the developers of Modnation Racers for fuck's sake.

This is an excellent GTA clone with beautiful graphics and a deep story that leans heavily on the Infernal Affairs movies (which inspired The Departed). Some of the best melee combat in an action game, solid shooting, even car-to-car platforming.

It's what Cyberpunk should've been.
that was one of the first games I thought of for this topic, another would be Alpha Protocol which is IMO still the best spy game we’ve ever had (even if it is broken in several different ways)

Alpha Protocol & Sleeping Dogs are the two games that I’ll always be sad we didn’t get a sequel for that could have been like going from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 for their series

I’d also mention Legend of Dragoon as it’s a personal favorite of mine
I love Sleeping Dogs, we need more games like it.
Sleeping dog is overrated and always was. I played it on release and it's the poor man's GTA with Batman combat.

It's a game from 2012, GTA5 released one year later.
Sleeping Dogs also does a lot of things better than GTA 5. The driving was better, parkour, interactions with other NPCs was way better, the characters felt a lot more believable as well. Also, Emma Stone was in it 😻😻😻

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Exactly me point, people don't even know what it is. :cry:
Little Big Adventure. I remember "losing" a lot of time with it as a child, not knowing what to do, but enjoying messing around with it. Wasn't a remake/remaster announced?

EDIT: Yes, both a reboot AND a remaster were announced, but they had issues finding a publisher, so now they are doing a remake.

Last edited: