What is the best game engine out there according to gamers in this forum other than Unreal engine

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
I don't want to do a poll but just a brief discussion of which game engine is better in all facets of game production
Or any engine which absolutely excels in one like Graphics , Physics and Optimization

Graphics - Decima Engine
Optimization - ID Tech

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The team behind a game is vastly more important than the engine used..... but if I had to pick 1 then definitely Decima no question.

• fire
Reactions: Playstation Sucka

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why other than Unreal Engine? Unreal Engine is awful, it has had major stutter problems for age, Unreal Engine 5 games perform extremely poorly and by how few UE5 games we don't so far it can't be that easy to develop for compared to other engine that actually manage to ship AAA games.

Whatever Insomniac is using seems pretty good as far as being impressive and allowing for them to release games in a fast pace. What other engine is allowing that amount of RT at 60fps on an open world game that look that good?

Decima impressed and allowed Kojima to create a extremely good looking game rather fast but we haven't seen a full game develop with it just for current gen.

RE Engine always had great performance while the games look really good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Playstation Sucka

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Why other than Unreal Engine? Unreal Engine is awful.

Whatever Insomniac is using seems pretty good as far as being impressive and allowing for them to release games in a fast pace.

Decima impressed and allowed Kojima to create a extremely good looking game rather fast.
Unreal engine 5 absolutely looks like it after tripping two projects lords of fallen and immortals both of them face planted using UE5 , UE4 is still superior in terms of actual functionable game

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Unreal engine 5 absolutely looks like it after tripping two projects lords of fallen and immortals both of them face planted using UE5 , UE4 is still superior in terms of actual functionable game
UE4 was never good in my experience but at least the games were released. UE5 is absurd when it comes to that, we are about to enter year 4 of this gen and what has been actually released using UE5 that was impressive?

To me it's clear that they misread the market and assumed this gen was going to be about 30fps and now are trying to pivot mid gen to get something going.

OP
OP
Playstation Sucka

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
UE4 was never good in my experience but at least the games were released. UE5 is absurd when it comes to that, we are about to enter year 4 of this gen and what has been actually released using UE5 that was impressive?

To me it's clear that they misread the market and assumed this gen was going to be about 30fps and now are trying to pivot mid gen to get something going.
UE4 was purely a game engine but UE5 is trying to replace all the middleware and wants to be the one stop place to develop games and not go out of the unreal ecosystem , moreover they are also catering to customers that use Adobe After effects and Maya autodesk which probably makes it bloated is what I assume

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
UE4 was purely a game engine but UE5 is trying to replace all the middleware and wants to be the one stop place to develop games and not go out of the unreal ecosystem , moreover they are also catering to customers that use Adobe After effects and Maya autodesk which probably makes it bloated is what I assume
Hopefully it fails miserably, I want Epic as far as possible from my games.

The next Witcher game is going to use Unreal 5, let's see how long it takes to release.

• noneofmybizz

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The Santa Monica proprietary engine and Insomniac Engine v4.0

I'm kinda glad everything isn't made on the same engine...

For instance the Bungie Tiger engine is the best for shooters in my opinion.

OP
OP
Playstation Sucka

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
The Santa Monica proprietary engine and Insomniac Engine v4.0

I'm kinda glad everything isn't made on the same engine...

For instance the Bungie Tiger engine is the best for shooters in my opinion.
I see Insomniac engine is also versatile like Decima is ,but the versatility ends when they don't try to make fps games again after a long hiatus 😒

Reactions: Bryank75