What is the future of EA?

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
After the decline of Bioware, letting many go at Respawn and losing Stig from their Star Wars team, what do you see as the future of EA?

Even Battlefield isn't so strong anymore and it looks to me as though only their FC game is a sure thing for the future.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Well, supposedly Dragon Age Dreadwolf is coming out this year and they announced open-world games for Iron Man and Black Panther. Tales of Kenzera: ZAU looks more than competent and of course you have the new Mass Effect, which may be release in 2025-2026, sadly. Don't care much about F1 and sports, but they do have some projects for the near furure.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I see them free falling and they are going to struggle imo because of the layoffs and key ppl lost. I see plants versus Zombies 3 is coming, tht is always a gd time and may bring in some good income depending on where it lands (mobile to? Idk).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I see them free falling and they are going to struggle imo be abuse of the layoffs and key ppl lost. I see plants versus Zombies 3 is coming, tht is always a gd time and may gwvwrstevsome good income depending on where it lands (mobile to? Idk).

I didn't actually know that was coming, my son loves those games.

I feel kinda sad that Respawn seems to be falling apart in at least some areas.

EA has always been a company that I had little time for, their methods just piss me off tbh.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't actually know that was coming, my son loves those games.

I feel kinda sad that Respawn seems to be falling apart in at least some areas.

EA has always been a company that I had little time for, their methods just piss me off tbh.
Yeah Plants versus Zombies was addictive when it first came out. Yeah EA for me has always been sports and shooters but nothing else really sticks in my memory although I know theyve been more.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
EA has Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Jedi 3, Iron Man and Black Panther so for me, their future looks great.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Hopefully, closure. They sell their IPs to independent studios who revamp DA, C&C and Peggle.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
After the decline of Bioware, letting many go at Respawn and losing Stig from their Star Wars team, what do you see as the future of EA?

Even Battlefield isn't so strong anymore and it looks to me as though only their FC game is a sure thing for the future.
They are doing great on their main money makers series and cutted some fat in less performing areas to improve profitability and continue growing, something they needed.

I think they will continue performing very well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan