What is your favorite fighting game character?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Video Game Fireball GIF by CAPCOM
Video Game Reaction GIF by CAPCOM

Video Game GIF by CAPCOM
Get Ready Fist Bump GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Come Martial Arts GIF by Xbox
Freezing Mortal Kombat GIF by PlayStation

mortal kombat scorpion GIF
marvel vs capcom fighters GIF

shun di video games GIF
Guilty Gear Vampire GIF by Xbox

And why?

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Yugo - Bloody Roar 1
Duragan (one arm behind his back) - The Bouncer (does that count as a fighting game?)
Captain America and/or Spider-Man - Marvel vs Capcom (any, pretty much).
2B (in anything, heheheh...)

I don't play much fighting games anymore, tbh.
Yes, it is a skill issue, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: GachaMadeMeBroke

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
My reaction time is not good enough for fighting games anymore, but I used to play with Kazuya, Ken, Sabrewolf, and Scorpion.

Edit: Forgot Mitsurugi.

Last edited:

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Kazuya, Geese, Ivy, Ryu, Armor King, Anna Williams, Noob Saibot, Ryu Hayabusa, Mileena, Sindel....and Lucky Chloe.

Hard to pick one favorite, but here's a list of my favorites.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Terry Bogard, or more specifically Garou Terry. The absolute drip on this man in this game 😍

Siegfried from SC. Why? Big sword lol

Blue Mary. I think she’s one of the best female designed characters in any FG. Super simple but so effective made better by her sassy animations.

Nagoriyuki in Strive is super fun to play, especially the launch version. Also Black vampire samurai? Fucking ace.

Special shoutout to my new favs Luke and Kim from SF6. My two mains. Ones a basic boy but honestly probably the most fun new “shoto” they’ve introduced due to how strong he is and easy to combo with. Kim is just fucking cool man, period.

Yugo - Bloody Roar 1
Duragan (one arm behind his back) - The Bouncer (does that count as a fighting game?)
Captain America and/or Spider-Man - Marvel vs Capcom (any, pretty much).
2B (in anything, heheheh...)

I don't play much fighting games anymore, tbh.
Yes, it is a skill issue, lol.

Anyone who mentions Bloody Roar is good people ❤️

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ken, Ryu, Guile and M. bison.

This has unchanged since 1992.

• fire
Reactions: Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ken or Ryu.

Since my 1990 the more fun to play.
At start both where equal but with the time Ken receive move sets that made it my favorite but I love to play as Ruy.

In fact for competitive play Ryu is better than Ken.

I still believe they are the best fighting characters ever created in both move set and story.

Hadoken and Shuryuken are so iconic that everybody in the world knows what it is… and it commands are so natural.

Who never imitated these two moves in real life? 😍

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I always liked faster paced characters in general cause you (can) control the flow.

Kasumi, for the above mentioned reason and not the jiggle physics lol. SO Ryu and Spartan-458 for the sick cross-over in DOA.
kasumi-doa5lr-victory.gif
spartan458-screenshot3.jpg

Special mention Virtua Fighter. A tie between Brad, due to into kickboxing back then. Vanessa for her ability to switch styles/moveset.
6231994ea0aa0b261ca36e5a10ce9de9489da1f4.gifv
vanessa-vf4-throw.gif

Honorable mention adult Kid Goku in the worst fighting game with the best intro GT Final Bout. Every time I booted that up on the PSone I got disappointed when it got in game due to the cinematic. Also confused me due to series being way behind Japan and back then the access to info wasn't the same as now with JP.