What is your favorite fighting game character?

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Mine are... Hwoarang, Baek and Akuma.

Also like Jin and Ken.

Martial Arts Loop GIF by Xbox

• fire
Reactions: Airbus and SSfox

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Dark Brimstone from Spawn- in the demons hand. He was a fun character earned through winning the game multiple times.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I will spread a bit more love to Ryu here :D

ryu602.jpg

It is the best fighting game character ever created.

• Story: He is basically a result of what fighting games are all about with whole story based in a journey of self-improvement. He is basically the soul and spirit of all fighting games. Are there more interesting characters and stories? Yes. But no other matches the face of the genre than Ruy... even if you don't like him you respect him because he is basically 100% focused in fighting. He is the true warrior.

• Moveset: His moveset is basically of the pinnacle and works in types of fighting games. The inputs for Hadokens and Shoryukens are so matched that even a 3 years old kid can do it. Outside the specials their base moves can counters mostly if no all fighting styles. Even the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku is pretty useful as move. He is so balanced to high tier with Tier S offence and Tier S defense that makes really hard to make another fighting character so well balanced.

• Design/Art: It is basic design that can be used to any others character, a simple fighting kinono with a red headband. It is classic but when used by Ruy becomes so iconic.

Maybe it can be boring.
But no matter where it is... Street Fighter, Mavel vs, Capcom vs, Smash Bros., etc... any place he is always Top S tier... not just that it is figure in the most used characters in all these games.

IMO He is the perfect fighting character.
He is like a mountain in front of their opponents.

Who created him was very very fortuitous.
I like Ken too but Ken is just a clone of Ryu that with the time will adding weakness to the point that they differentiate so much that Ryu become the perfect fighting character and Ken the cool character with weakness.

BTW all his clones have weakness and are not balanced like Ryu and in these I can list:
- Ken: the cool playboy clone.
- Akuma: the evil focused clone.
- Evil Ryu: another evil focused clone.
- Dan: the parody focused clone.
- Sakura: the woman disciple focused clone.
- Sean: the disciple (Ken) focused clone.
- Gouken: the master focused clone.

When you do a deep analysis of the movesets and story of these clone you will see they all have issues in their story or deficiencies in their moveset making you realize how Perfect is Ryu.

I understand perfection is somehow boring too :D

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If you want to spread love for him, at least spell his 3 letter name right......

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

XOXO - Ken
:D

Mistook due the very fast key press... y and u are close in the keyboard :D

The point is whatever you play with him in any game you will understand how well build he is in all fronts... whatever fighting game want to use Ryu it is very easy to make it in the Tier S because he is a mountain of balance.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Virtua Fighter - Brad Burns
Tekken - Devil Jin
Street Fighter - Cammy
Guilty Gear - Ramlethal Valentine
Smash Bros - Mewtwo

Last edited:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
The inputs for Hadokens and Shoryukens are so matched that even a 3 years old kid can do it

You would think so wouldn't you

My favourite is probably Vega, the original SF rule breaker and annoying pest

Reactions: ethomaz

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Tekken : Jin, Law, King

Street F8ghter : Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Cammy

Mortal Kombat : Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Jax, Sonya

Soul Calibur : Mitsurugi

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Well I've mostly played Tekken and then some Dead or Alive so these are the games I can mention some characters from... And well kind of Street Fighter since Akuma was in Tekken 7 and I've seen all or most of the SF V and SF VI trailers.

Anyway...

Tekken:

* Reina Mishima
* Heihachi Mishima
* Kazuya Mishima
* Jin Kazama
* Devil Jin
* Jun Kazama
* Asuka Kazama
* Eliza
* Lili
* Alisa
* Lidia
* Lars
* Dragunov
* Ling Xiaoyu
* Azucena

Etc. since the list will be too long if I kept adding more lol!

Dead or Alive:

* Kasumi
* Ayane
* Ryu Hayabusa

Well I've only really played Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and it's been awhile since I played it so I forgot about most of the characters names... But I remember liking most of the female characters and then like 2-3 of the male characters which I've mentioned one of them. I'll at some point go back and play some more Dead or Alive games hopefully... Well at least DOA 5-6 until the other games do get a remake or remaster at least!

Street Fighter:

And well I can't really say much about the Street Fighter games besides it got some interesting characters like...

* Ryu
* Akuma
* Ken
* M. Bison

And many others which I would like to get into one day!

Besides those 3 days so have I played one of the Mortal Kombat games as well as Guilty Gear and Soul Calibur IV... But I am mostly into 3D fighting games so I'll mostly focus on them at least for now but I don't see myself getting into games like Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct or Injustice though.

Reactions: Umar

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Sub-Zero, not just my favorite MK character, but games in general

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1. Ken
Terry Bogard for Fatal Fury
Law - Tekken ( Who doesnt love Bruce Lee )
Ein - Dead or Alive
Akira or Lau - Virtua Fighter

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Many of them, I can't choose one. My favorites are from SF, typically Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Guile, Karin or Chun. In SFIV Abel.

From MK Scorpion, from SNK Terry, Iori, Mai, Kyo, B. Jenet, Angel.