What older PC game deserves a modern remake?

4 Jul 2024
I've been thinking about all these remakes and remasters lately. Got me wondering about those classic PC games we used to play back in the day. You know, the ones with killer gameplay but graphics that look ancient now. What old-school PC game do you guys think really needs a fresh coat of paint? I'm talking full remake, not just a remaster. Like, imagine your favorite childhood game with today's graphics and maybe some updated mechanics. What game would you love to see brought back to life? Personally, I've got a few in mind, but I'm curious what you all think. Drop your picks below!

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I don't think this is a bot but some guy that makes normal looking posts and then tries to sneak in some advertising every few posts. There are better ways to push your site/product than this

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't think this is a bot but some guy that makes normal looking posts and then tries to sneak in some advertising every few posts. There are better ways to push your site/product than this
Yep, same script all the time; I was going to say something 2 past posts ago, but could not be arsed.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Only PC game I wished it would get a proper remake (and console version) is Black & White, but I doubt it's ever going to happen.

The remastered versions of P&C adventure games are good as they are, no need for remakes, imho.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines
Giants: Citizen Kobuto
No1 lives Forever 1-2
Nox
Planescape Torment
Quake 2
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Monkey Island
Hexen
Warcraft
Thief
Duke Nukem 3D
Kingpin (Which was supposedly getting a remaster)
Half life 1-2
Star Wars Jedi Academy 1-2,3

Reactions: Veronica Winston

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Yep, same script all the time; I was going to say something 2 past posts ago, but could not be arsed.
Avatar seems to come from pinterest:

Text seems to be coming from a LLM. It could be a LLM-served bot trying to get general data from gaming forums.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw