What's your favorite Sony developer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
People might think it's funny because it's a remake but I think TLOU Part 1 will further solidify Naughty Dog as my #1

I think God of War Ragnarok will make Santa Monica one of my favorites

Insomniac's Spiderman 2 will solidify Insomniac as my #2

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's hard for me to choose.

Now for me maybe the top 1 is SSM since GoW 2018 for me was godlike.

I loved also the recent Insomniac stuff and love to see they release games frequently, but they are somewhat tied for me with HFW and the Killzone games I loved (2, 3, Mercenary, Liberation) and I also loved Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone so Bend and Sucker Punch get top 2 too, like Bungie. I also think the Team Asobi staff is top tier (Astro, TLG, Gravity Rush, Puppeteer...) and same goes with MM (Dreams, LBP, Tearaway). For me all these ones are tied in top 2. If Firesprite go back to Wipeout and Motorstorm (they have a lot of former Evolution and Studio Liverpool staff) I'm pretty sure the'll join the list of top 2.

For me Naughty Dog was the top 1 in the past but after going mad with their woke stuff to the point of getting rid of their iconic and charismatic white male protagonists etc. to put there poor replacements in Uncharted and TLOU they lost me. They get top 3 for me.

I think Housemarque are great but not at the level of the other ones, so get top 4 for me.

I'm not a racing sim or baseball fan, so no Polyphony or San Diego for me. I think London should do bigger non-VR stuff because I don't have PSVR so I have no idea of their recent stuff, and the one they did in the past like Singstar was cool but wasn't for me. I think Bluepoint are insanely talented but I want to see them back to make original games as their staff did with top tier games like Metroid Prime, Diablo II, WoW, etc before going there to make remakes and remasters. I also think Haven has super talented and experienced staff and I'm looking forward to whatever they make but obviously I want to see their first project before rating them.

Last edited:

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Tie between Polyphony and Santa Monica.

And i've been a big Santa Monica stan since 2005 also, so way before GOW PS4. I was so worried back when the studio almost close around 2012-2013, super happy to see the dev being in an awesome spot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.