What's your play style when it comes to your backlog?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Do you focus purely on one game until you beat it before you move to the next, or do you hop between multiple games? Do you hold back any purchases until you've knocked a game off the backlog, or do you keep filling it up with new games?

... I'm the kind that can't binge-play one game to completion and gets easily tempted by games on sale.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You are supposed to play your games in your backlog? 😲

Jokes aside, most difficult part is deciding which game to play next. Sometimes I already know while finishing my current game, sometimes it's a spontaneous decision (e.g. I see the game in my library).

I try to hold back on piling new games on the stack, but during sales or for exciting unskippable releases (usually first-party exclusives or games I've been waiting for a long time), I break the rule.

Reactions: Box

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I alternate between playing a lengthy game then work on a shorter length game.

Reactions: Box

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
I play multiple games at the same time, though they have to be from different genres.
Backlog isn't really a concept for me, I play whatever im in the mood for or just work on platinum trophies

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'll play one single player game at a time, and also a couple of hours per week of CS2. Beating games takes a long time these days.

That's why I am not completely sold on subscription services, even of they are convenient from time to time. Beating a big game like say a Yakuza one can take months.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I'll play one single player game at a time, and also a couple of hours per week of CS2. Beating games takes a long time these days.

That's why I am not completely sold on subscription services, even of they are convenient from time to time. Beating a big game like say a Yakuza one can take months.
CS 2? Is that Cold Steel 2 or Counterstrike?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One at a time, unless I'm playing something like Football Manager.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Games like destiny, street fighter and an arcade racer are year round played and never leave and I try to find single player games to knock out in between. Stuff like Resident evil tends to be ideal.

The above are genres I’ve played for decades. It’s an extension of what i always play so Ideally it would be ONE single player game at a time but with all the open world games that can be problematic.

So I treat stuff like Witcher or Cyberpunk similar to online games and don’t plow thru them either. Ends up taking me months if not years to be done with them. Still got Elden Ring on deck too.

At this point I’m trying not to add games to my catalog by buying every major release. I have most of what I want catered to and only really missing Death Stranding at this point.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Play enjoy the game. Than life hits me and I don't have time to finish and keep trying to find a way to do it

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What I do is... I very strategically buy games through the year and allow them to build up and up until the pile is so overwhelming that I lose all hope of ever completing them all.

Then one day I get a motivation to play one of them and get hooked and finish the game in a few days. But many of them go unplayed for a year or two...some indefinitely.