When do you think we will see Metroid Prime 4?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
So Metroid Prime 4 was announced at E3 2017 with just a logo reveal and then a year and a half later we get the news of development restarting and almost 4 years later, nothing besides a mention of development still going on at E3 2021 with the Metroid Dread Reveal!

Do you think we will see any gameplay anytime soon? or just a reveal trailer on what the game looks like? I think this will be a cross gen title between switch and switch 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some gameplay maybe next year? They seem to like mentioning it on odd numbered years as far as I can tell!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think we may see it in 2024, as a Switch 2 launch game next to the next main Mario and Mario Kart games.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I think we may see it in 2024, as a Switch 2 launch game next to the next main Mario and Mario Kart games.
do you think it will be cross gen? The original reveal said "now in development of Nintendo Switch" and I know that was before the reboot announcement but I wonder if there will be backlash if Nintendo makes it a switch 2 exclusive instead?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I completely forgot this game even supposedly exists. Seemingly terrible job by Nintendo on this one. I don’t think the prime games are as fun as the 2D games, and Dread was good so I kinda don’t care about this one until they can make me do so.

My approach is this ain’t coming out until they can prove otherwise.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
do you think it will be cross gen? The original reveal said "now in development of Nintendo Switch" and I know that was before the reboot announcement but I wonder if there will be backlash if Nintendo makes it a switch 2 exclusive instead?
I think it may be crossgen. The thing is that when it was announced they obviously didn't think that the it would suck to the point they had to reboot the development. I assume originally they expected to release it only for Switch, but sadly the reboot caused a big delay to the point that it may be released after or around the same time the next console gets released, so if this is the case I think they may make it crossgen or next gen only.

I also expect the Switch 2 to have the rumored/leaked specs for "Switch Pro", meaning that I think that the next Nintendo console will be basically a 4K capable hybrid Switch with some extra horsepower but mostly very similar hardware to ease crossgen projects and full BC with Switch. But unlike selling it as Switch Pro, this Switch 2 would have exclusive games not compatible with Switch 1.

It would be marketed as the next generation of Nintendo devices, but there wouldn't be a huge difference and would be basically a stunt to bump the tail of Switch sales. A few years later a true Switch succesor would be released, this time with a very different concept.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Does anybody here think we will see it at the game awards?

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I'd like to have the prime trilogy on Switch first.
Man we have been hearing leaks about that since the 2018 game awards, at this point they either save it as a switch 2 exclusive like how they used Wii U ports to save from droughts

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I loved the original trilogy. It’s been so long and Retro so far removed from these games that I am kinda concerned but also not really because their Donkey Kong games spoke volumes to their pedigree…. But it’s also been awhile since then too.

I wonder what they’ve actually been doing there? I figure a bunch of projects left on the back burner due to the Metroid/Namco fiasco.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
See? As early as the Game Awards no later than June.
Released? 2024.
While I hope to see it soon, it would surprise me if we don't see it until 2024. They were able to reveal Samus returns and dread the same year they releases but I'm not sure if they can to the same for a big budget metroid prime game.
It's a shame Nintendo has no metroid game this year to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of prime and fusion, maybe they can celebrate the 20 year anniversary of prime 2 and Zero mission in 2024 with prime 4 and trilogy hd.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
so everybody here thinks MP4 releasing next year is not possible right?

Last edited: