Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Reactions: Kokoloko

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

I'd rather have no Bloodborne 2 made, if the sequel of the original Japanese PS exclusive masterpiece, made by inferior american developer LMFAO 🤣. (some kind of spiritual successor from From Software might still be coming to PS5 though, either full exclusive or multiplatform).

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Bloodborne 2 by housemarque with miyazaki as art/design consultant by far
then Returnal 2 (well, the story doesn't need a sequel but another game in the same vein)
after that Ghost 2

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Bloodborne is the only acceptable response.

I see they included Heavenly Sword as a joke pick tho…

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Zzero

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Just a rumour. Is hate for anyone else not Miyazaki to make Bloodbourne 2.

Id love for Bluepoint and xdev to assist though

Without FROM at the helm it definitely won’t be as hype if this rumor is true. I’ll still check it out but I’d come into it hyper critical and with tempered expectations.

Bluepoint at this moment is only a cover band and remake studio. They have to yet prove they can actually create something of their own and capable of more than just copy and paste.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bloodborne sequel made by From Software.

The Order Director's cut with added content and improvements made by Ready at Dawn.

PlayStation Home VR.

Sequels for Uncharted, TLoU, Horizon, GoT, etc, are not dreams, they are guaranteed to happen.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Without Ueda and with Japan Studio defunct, it will never happen, but either a sequel/spiritual successor to

ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian

is what I dream of.
Japan Studio isn't defunct and Team Asobi still keeps many people who worked in these games. But at least for their next game I think they'll go in a more Astro-like route (3D action platformer with humor, as announced).

I think they won't make sequels of these games due to their low sales.

Bluepoint at this moment is only a cover band and remake studio. They have to yet prove they can actually create something of their own and capable of more than just copy and paste.
Their top staff created games like the Metroid Prime trilogy, Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Returns, Diablo 2, World of Warcraft and more, plus codeveloped Ragnarok.

They are capable of making great new games, but as a result of Bluepoint being a remasters / remake studio until GoWR, where they were only a support team, they don't have a big enough internal game design team to be the lead studio of a new AAA. I think that after GoWR they'll work as support studio in a game or two (maybe the next GoW, the Uncharted spinoff or Bloodborne 2) more and they'll use this time to grow enough to be able to lead their own AAA games.

Once they reach that point, they'll start working on their own projects, pretty likely games of IPs they previously worked on (GoW, Uncharted, Demon's Souls/Bloodborne, etc) but swapping the roles: now Bluepoint would be the lead of that game and the other studios (ND, SSM, From) would support and overview.

Correct if im wrong but the one doing bloodborne sequel is bluepoint studio right
This was wrong. After the Demon's Souls remake all the Bluepoint staff did work on GoWR as a support team until its release. Since its game release around a year ago, they have been working in something else (not in GoWR Valhalla), super likely in a support role of a new game, that we have not idea what it is.

Regarding FromSoft, we know they work in multiple projects at the same time, but as far as I remember the only current project they have announced is an Elden Ring DLC. So they must be working on at least a couple games more, and one of them could be Bloodborne 2, or a new IP with Sony.

Some time ago Kadokawa signed with Sony a deal where Kadokawa gave Sony 2% of their own shares in exchange of Sony helping them bring to their IPs to a more global audience in console gaming or anime. Later Sony acquired a minority stake on FromSoft. So make sure Sony will do something with FromSoft and other than new IP, I think the most likely think is a Bloodborne PS5/PC remaster/port + movie/tv show/anime adaptation and sequel.

This has been proven to be a fake rumor.

As seen in Linkedin and GOWR credits, after Bluepoint completed their job in Demon's Souls their whole staff moved to work in GoWR until its release in november 2022. Bluepoint wasn't working Bloodborne in 2021. And their studio boss said that after Demon's Souls they moved away from working on remakes or remasters and that moving forward they'll work on original content instead, as is the case of GoWR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko and Airbus

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As seen in Linkedin and GOWR credits, after Bluepoint completed their job in Demon's Souls their whole staff moved to work in GoWR until its release in november 2022.
I love Ragnarok but its such a waste of resources to use Bluepoint. Bluepoint should of been working on something else straight after Demons Souls, so it would be ready by 2024.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Did people like the gameplay or setting of the order? Those visuals and inter-level cutscenes could have done more as "Sony's GEARS", no?