Which upcoming games do you believe have the best Graphical fidelity? Will be console graphics benchmarks?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We've seen some pretty great graphically upcoming games. This past year Spiderman 2 and Alan Wake 2 seemed to have been the runaway Victor's in that regard. But what upcoming games do you think will be the next graphical benchmark. Please post your thoughts and take into account things like scope, open/linear, complexity, etc... because they all do play a part.

Hellblade 2:

Visually impressive but many worry it will have a very restrictive world and attribute that fidelity due to that restriction. Has some great facial animations.

GTA 6:

Come on its GTA6! Rockstar are top of the food chain when creating vast, beautiful open worlds that are very complex!!! So this definitely will be a contender.

Death Stranding 2:

This really looked great, awesome animations, trippy visuals and fidelity was top notch all in a more open world!

Stellar Blade:

Looked pretty good. Of course it has an anime art style and some people may be for or against it but I think it looked great with some expansive back drops.

So what game do you think will be the next graphics benchmark on console? No need to go by my list those were just games that popped onto my mind, please add what you feel and give us a reason why.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I say Death Stranding 2 will be on top, it's both realistic and it has the Kojima sens of style.

I just wish he didn't have that cigarette fetish, the guy must stink so much if he smokes.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I say Death Stranding 2 will be on top, it's both realistic and it has the Kojima sens of style.

I just wish he didn't have that cigarette fetish, the guy must stink so much if he smokes.
I agree with DS 2 and I hate ppl tht smoke ewww tht smell.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well so far Death Stranding and GTA 6 will put everything to shame. But we haven't seen what Sucker Punch, Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend & Naughty Dog can do with the PS5 yet either...

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well so far Death Stranding and GTA 6 will put everything to shame. But we haven't seen what Sucker Punch, Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend & Naughty Dog can do with the PS5 yet either...
Def can't wait to see more of DS2.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think Hellblade 2 will have stunning visuals but because will be very short, a big portion of it will be CGs or cutscenes, and will feature very small, empty and narrow environments with only maximum a couple enemies on screen close to the protagonist (not counting the ones very far away or hidden in the shadows or smoke).

A similar case but with a longer game, and giant open world landscapes and more enemies in screen will be Death Stranding 2.

I think GTA6 won't look that good but instead will feature a way, way bigger density of characters and complexity regarding mechanics and systems.

Regarding Stellar Blade, I think it will look great for its hack & slash genre but won't be at the visual level of Hellblade 2, Death Stranding 2 or GTA6 at all.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Alan Wake 2 looks better than all of them, but DS2 and GTA6 will be open world which makes them more impressive.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Debatable

Alan Wake 2 does not look better than DS2 even when running on a 4090 maxed out.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Alan Wake 2 does not look better than DS2 even when running on a 4090 maxed out.
😳 actually you’re right, I didn’t watch DS2 trailer in full 4k yet

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Hellblade 2 will be the best looking linear game while GTA 6 will be the best looking open world game while Death Stranding 2 will have the best environments and what appears to be destruction as well.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Remove stellar blade and add fable and I think those will be the benchmarks for several years to come.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is the first time I am seeing sone of that HB2 footage, like the daylight stuff. Yeah I think that game looks good but also very normal. Not a new benchmark at this point IMO. Frankly, kinda don't care what games set a new visual benchmark. Graphics are not what makes games fun. :)

However, I really wonder what Naughty Dog has brewing for their first all native PS5 title.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is the first time I am seeing sone of that HB2 footage, like the daylight stuff. Yeah I think that game looks good but also very normal. Not a new benchmark at this point IMO. Frankly, kinda don't care what games set a new visual benchmark. Graphics are not what makes games fun. :)

However, I really wonder what Naughty Dog has brewing for their first all native PS5 title.
Dave the diver looked more fun than all of these.

• haha