Which was your first playstation console?

Which was your first playstation console?

• Total voters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just a simple poll, in my case it was the Dual Shock PS1 back in the day . It came with the purple demo disc (the one that included MGS, Crash bandicoot warped, gran Turismo and cool boarders 3 among others) killer demos.

First games were: Winning Eleven 3, Test Drive 4 and SF Ex Plus Alpha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ps2, never got to play pspne games until the ps3 gen when i started buying psone classics online

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just a simple poll, in my case it was the Dual Shock PS1 back in the day . It came with the purple demo disc (the one that included MGS, Crash bandicoot warped, gran Turismo and cool boarders 3 among others) killer demos.

First games were: Winning Eleven 3, Test Drive 4 and SF Ex Plus Alpha.
Where is my PS4 Pro? on that list? This is meant to be a time of inclusivity, BIGOT!

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I think most will be saying PS2, despite how much PS1 sold.

Of course I was there from PS1.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS1 with Dual Shock a few years after release. As I remember payed it with one of my first salaries when I was 16 years old.

It turned me from a Commodore Amiga + Nintendo fan into a PS fan. Later I got Dreamcast, GC and all Nintendo portables and also played on PC, but since then PS continues being my favorite and primary platform.

The main reason was having the best 3rd party support both in quantity, diversity and quality of these games. Stuff like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Ridge Racer, Metal Gear, Castlevania Symphony of the Night etc.

In PS1 I loved 1st party games like the Wipeout titles, Syphon Filter or Parappa, but most of my favorite PS games were 3rd party. I wasn't a fan of Gran Turismo, Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal etc.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PS1 - my first ever console as well. Granted I got it pretty late In the cycle Xmas 2000 lol. And then I was allowed to get a PS2 sometime in 2002.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I still tease my little brother about his "bubble psone" as his first machine lol

24 Jun 2022
PS1, it'd be the best PS console if the PS2 wasn't backwards compatible (automatically making it the best)

Well the PS3 is BC with PS1 & PS2 if it's a phatty PS3, so if including BC I'd choose OG PS3 (phat) as the best.

For me though it's more about what innovations PS1, 2, & 3 brought not just technologically, but also in driving change to market dynamics, opening up the market, being the center for a lot of console gaming experiences from AAA to AA to indie, and having very distinct brand identities where the console was always front and center.

PS4 still retained a good majority of that and also fixed some business-related issues with PS3. PS5 I feel, has been gradually losing on a lot of those fronts as the gen has proceeded and it's a 50/50 as to if things will course-correct & improve or if the decline in these various metrics continues.

Reactions: Kokoloko

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
PS1 the slim version, i was late to the party my dad got it for me in 1999.

First games were tarzan and time crisis.

We had no idea time crisis needed the gun accessory to play it, so played it with the controller, that was fun.

Never had a ps2, was a filthy pc gamer during that gen.

Cleansed my self when i came back to consoles with the ps3.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS2 slim when the PS3 was already out. I bought all the $20 budget games from Square (FFX, X-2, Kingdom Hearts, etc) + FF12 and my life changed.

I only played PC games before that. I still have the triangular PC version of FF7 that I got used for $10 in 2005 🤣

My first jrpg. I was late to the party 😅

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
PlayStation One which is the second best in their history in my opinion behind only PlayStation 4. Bought it in early 1996 for Resident Evil and I was a huge MLB fan at the time so also for Triple Play 97. Great times.