Who needs a Q Lite when you have a Backbone Playstation Edition

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They fucked up the stick positions and my phone doesn’t have an 8-inch screen, so the Backbone can fuck right off in my case.

Hint to anyone making officially licensed PlayStation accessories and controls: PLAYSTATION CONTROLS HAVE SYMMETRICAL STICKS!!!!!!!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
For as much as I hate the idea of the Q-lite instead of a proper portable console if it actually works extremely well I can see the point and would consider it depending of the value.

No native capabilities of any sort still feels like a waste.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Your internet connection doesn't affect a direct connection between your console and another and this one.

You sure about this bit? I thought remote play always went over the internet, and not connecting directly between the ps5 and the remote play device, if that's what you mean by direct connection.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Our phones already die too soon these days, snd then you want to drain the battery more?
Like Hell I would use my phone. I prefer this Remote Only Handheld all over a mobile phone. A phone has only use for Social Media (YouTube, What’s App), taking photos and calling people. It‘s the same way with PCs, they are damned workstations. I would never use one for gaming. Consoles win this.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You sure about this bit? I thought remote play always went over the internet, and not connecting directly between the ps5 and the remote play device, if that's what you mean by direct connection.
It uses the internet to authenticate and initiate a connection, but the stream is over LAN.

Reactions: FatKaz

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
For as much as I hate the idea of the Q-lite instead of a proper portable console if it actually works extremely well I can see the point and would consider it depending of the value.

Native capabilities are the waste. It makes ZERO sense for Playstation to make a 3rd dedicated handheld. Vita was a total disaster Playstation cut loose practically out the gate. The benefit of a remote play client is to keep it extremely simple and cheap.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

We don’t know for a fact that it won’t natively run anything, so just unclench until they release the full details.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
At least last time I used it while ago you had two options: only via your lan's wifi (for when you are at home) or over internet (for when you aren't at home).

But I always had internet connected at home, I didn't try to see what happens if you turn off the switch.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Native PS1, PS2, PSP, PSV, PS4, Streams PS5, OLED screen. $399.

That would be the ideal product, I'm curious as for the price of the Q-lite, it could end up being embarrassing.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The Backbone is Apple only and secondly, the battery must be the main thing. I don't want to kill my phone's battery for it.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Your internet connection doesn't affect a direct connection between your console and another and this one.

Wifi6 not only improves things like speed, latency or distance. It specially improves how it manages using multiple downloads/uploads at the same time inside that LAN.

Being in the same or the next room or so, one where the wifi has full coverage, using a wifi6 router and device should mean a big improvement over wifi5 and previous.
Yeah, if this thing works like the Wii U, I can see it having an appeal for some households, even if I don't have any use for it.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
My phone screen is much smaller than the Q one. And my phone battery dies fast.

Also havent used the backbone but I imagine the controller will be better on the Q since it's made by Sony.

Also imagine there will be some better integration with the Q, maybe an app

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I don’t wan to play games for extended periods on my phone, i want my phone for phone things.

Also the form factor of having a dualsense is much more compelling to me than those tiny buttons and analog sticks

Reactions: Swift_Star