Why are people still port begging for Bloodborne on steam?

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom
So with the announcement of ghost of Tsushima find me coming to steam and PC the floodgates of ports begging for PlayStation exclusive has once again begun “give us blood-borne in Demon souls”

Dude we’re grown BUY A PLAYSTATION and subsidise the art you apparently “want” so badly

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Why are PC players port begging? Because Sony is dumb enough to bend the knee now people expect every remake or remaster to mean a PC port in 6 month & every other new game by PS to be ported in 1-2 years.

It’s annoying & it changes the conversation around PS & it’s great games to PS when this being ported to PC or is X game being remake/remaster if so it’s being ported to PC & we don’t need to buy it on PS or we don’t need to buy a PS console & Sony bending the knees further confirms that yes you really don’t need a PS to play these PS games just wait & you’ll get it on your preferred platform.

Sony really doing there best killing PS console & the PS brand. Craziest part w Xbox gone they should be focusing & doubling on having more permanent exclusive to compete w Nintendo, PC/Steam. Nintendo & Steam happy they either don’t gotta compete because PS already devalued there console & or in Steam perspective benefiting having both Xbox & PS games on its platform building a library while also having a close platform & keeping it’s exclusive CSGO, DOTA, TF2, Half Lyfe to Steam/Steamdeck.

MS is also probably happy PS is devaluing there platform a world where PS doesn’t have exclusive benefits & helps MS/Xbox at a grander scale where exclusive games don’t matter it’s just about who’s at scale & that’s something Sony can’t compete w.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I've never understood why they dont just buy a cheap ps4, it's less than a pc graphics card

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I've never understood why they dont just buy a cheap ps4, it's less than a pc graphics card

I get your point but it's because we want to play the game the way it's meant to be played. (4k 60, 16x AF, chromatic aberration off, better AA, better textures, modding potential)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Less than 1% play at 4k, 60, 16xAf. Majority re tomato pcs.

A decent ps4 era port can run at 4k 60 on mid range specs. 16x AF is basically free on PC.
HZD runs at 1800p 30 original setting ultra textures on an RX 580 and that's mid range hardware from almost 7/8 years ago.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Why are PC players port begging? Because Sony is dumb enough to bend the knee now people expect every remake or remaster to mean a PC port in 6 month & every other new game by PS to be ported in 1-2 years.

It’s annoying & it changes the conversation around PS & it’s great games to PS when this being ported to PC or is X game being remake/remaster if so it’s being ported to PC & we don’t need to buy it on PS or we don’t need to buy a PS console & Sony bending the knees further confirms that yes you really don’t need a PS to play these PS games just wait & you’ll get it on your preferred platform.

Sony really doing there best killing PS console & the PS brand. Craziest part w Xbox gone they should be focusing & doubling on having more permanent exclusive to compete w Nintendo, PC/Steam. Nintendo & Steam happy they either don’t gotta compete because PS already devalued there console & or in Steam perspective benefiting having both Xbox & PS games on its platform building a library while also having a close platform & keeping it’s exclusive CSGO, DOTA, TF2, Half Lyfe to Steam/Steamdeck.

MS is also probably happy PS is devaluing there platform a world where PS doesn’t have exclusive benefits & helps MS/Xbox at a grander scale where exclusive games don’t matter it’s just about who’s at scale & that’s something Sony can’t compete w.
PS isn’t killing their brand. Most PS players aren’t going to spend $1500/$2000 for a gaming PC. You’re just mad that these games aren’t going to be exclusive to your preferred plastic box anymore. Now. It’s stupid for MS to bring their games to PS, because they compete directly with each other and their consoles are priced similarly.

OP
OP
Sho SxNTANA

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom

Totally agree with this standpoint,the new guard at Sony are absolutely awful never liked Jim Ryan and Herman.

Shutting down the Japanese studios to bolster the western “efforts” was a mistake

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Totally agree with this standpoint,the new guard at Sony are absolutely awful never liked Jim Ryan and Herman.

Shutting down the Japanese studios to bolster the western “efforts” was a mistake
Shutting Japan Studio was a big mistake looking at now essentially since the beginning of the PS5 gen all Japanese publisher/studios has been releasing bangers after bangers consistently & the paygrade for Japanese devs are low because of the weak yen which Sony is probably looking at how much there paying there western/european studios & now questioning why tf PS don’t have Japanese studios to make banger games all while paying them less overall to there other studios across seas. Nintendo been taking advantage of Japan for so long it’s insane how incompetent PS has been since Shawn laden end tail & Jim Ryan era. Ape Escape should comeback & be a staple like GOW Ape Escape nowadays would do so good a open world Ape escape w 4 player coop would be awesome + PS needs more family friendly universal games these games are very important & is the reason Nintendo can make parks & attract kids & family using all of its family friendly universal ip.

How do I attach an image from my camera roll on here to share? Do I need url or link a lil confusing

Reactions: Sho SxNTANA

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
PS isn’t killing their brand. Most PS players aren’t going to spend $1500/$2000 for a gaming PC. You’re just mad that these games aren’t going to be exclusive to your preferred plastic box anymore. Now. It’s stupid for MS to bring their games to PS, because they compete directly with each other and their consoles are priced similarly
I don’t get why people think you need to spend $1500 or $2000 on a PC to play PS4 or PS5 games I can just buy a Steamdeck for $450 & boom I’m in the PC ecosystem now I can play PS games on PC at 1080p 60 fps or 1440p 40 fps witch on a handheld runs just fine all for the price of $450

& with the Steamdeck 2 the power gap between PS console will become less. Steamdeck performance are probably targeting PS5 & it will cost $500 maybe $550 w performance of 1440p lock 60fps or 1080p 120hz & Steamdeck 2 will also have better docks so you can play it just like a PS console

There’s no win for PS & PS console when Sony is porting there exclusive to other direct competitor platform. The only people benefiting PS loosing exclusive is PC/Steam, Nintendo & MS as a weaker closed PS platform helps MS compete thru pure scale & not who has better exclusive on there closed wall gardens

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
How ? By NOT porting bloodborne?
By porting everything else, they’ve devalued their own product. Now people know everything will come eventually. Sony ruined their own console with their stupid shortsighted decision making. There should’ve never been a single first party game ported ever, but it’s way too late for that now.

OP
OP
Sho SxNTANA

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom
By porting everything else, they’ve devalued their own product. Now people know everything will come eventually. Sony ruined their own console with their stupid shortsighted decision making. There should’ve never been a single first party game ported ever, but it’s way too late for that now.
I totally agree,console generations are seven plus years long Sony will miss out on the pc owners who usually buy towards the middle or end of a generation

Jim Ryan is legitimately an idiot

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Jim Ryan is legitimately an idiot
Yes, porting 5+ 1st party games to PC in a year where PS5 will be lucky to get one 1st party title is insane. Sony leadership is speedrunning the death of their platform, and sadly I don't think the next CEO will be any better.