Why are people still port begging for Bloodborne on steam?

OP
OP
Sho SxNTANA

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom
Shutting Japan Studio was a big mistake looking at now essentially since the beginning of the PS5 gen all Japanese publisher/studios has been releasing bangers after bangers consistently & the paygrade for Japanese devs are low because of the weak yen which Sony is probably looking at how much there paying there western/european studios & now questioning why tf PS don’t have Japanese studios to make banger games all while paying them less overall to there other studios across seas. Nintendo been taking advantage of Japan for so long it’s insane how incompetent PS has been since Shawn laden end tail & Jim Ryan era. Ape Escape should comeback & be a staple like GOW Ape Escape nowadays would do so good a open world Ape escape w 4 player coop would be awesome + PS needs more family friendly universal games these games are very important & is the reason Nintendo can make parks & attract kids & family using all of its family friendly universal ip.

How do I attach an image from my camera roll on here to share? Do I need url or link a lil confusing
Every single point you made was factual,Ape Escape,Little Big Planet,Soul Sacrifice,Gravity Rush and more

When monster hunter blew up Sony should have green lit either a hd remaster of soul sacrifice or a full ps5 remake

Sony’s issue is the quality of their games they are really good,graphically impressive BUT they aren’t timeless like Nintendo and they really could be…even the western games have promise wtf is infamous make a multiplayer infamous with character creation and different powers ffs

OP
OP
Sho SxNTANA

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom
Was it really 5 in a year ? TF ?

Jim Definitely brought the PlayStation brand to a new level of profitability in a short span of time but the cost wasn’t worth it

I’ve legitimately had so many conversations with some of my friends who own PCs who have actually verbatim stated that now they don’t need to buy a PlayStation console it’s ridiculous

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Was it really 5 in a year ? TF ?

Jim Definitely brought the PlayStation brand to a new level of profitability in a short span of time but the cost wasn’t worth it

I’ve legitimately had so many conversations with some of my friends who own PCs who have actually verbatim stated that now they don’t need to buy a PlayStation console it’s ridiculous
Right now it’s 2 confirmed (3 if you count Helldivers) and there are rumors of demon souls, Ragnarok, and gt7 coming out this year as well.

And no Sony was at peak profitability in 2018, 2019, and 2020. When “only on PlayStation” still existed. And the plandemic boosted everyone to peak profits in 2020, so doesn’t really count. Jim had nothing to do with those years either. He’s been the worst thing to happen to PS. Since 2021, PlayStation isn’t close to being as profitable as it once was.

Part of that is to be expected due to transitioning to a new console, but the horrible decision making exacerbated things too. A bunch of horrible acquisitions, Bungie being the biggest and dumbest, and wasting precious time and resources on PC.

I’ve had those conversations with friends too, PlayStations brand is declining in real time.

Reactions: J_Paganel

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I don’t get why people think you need to spend $1500 or $2000 on a PC to play PS4 or PS5 games I can just buy a Steamdeck for $450 & boom I’m in the PC ecosystem now I can play PS games on PC at 1080p 60 fps or 1440p 40 fps witch on a handheld runs just fine all for the price of $450

& with the Steamdeck 2 the power gap between PS console will become less. Steamdeck performance are probably targeting PS5 & it will cost $500 maybe $550 w performance of 1440p lock 60fps or 1080p 120hz & Steamdeck 2 will also have better docks so you can play it just like a PS console

There’s no win for PS & PS console when Sony is porting there exclusive to other direct competitor platform. The only people benefiting PS loosing exclusive is PC/Steam, Nintendo & MS as a weaker closed PS platform helps MS compete thru pure scale & not who has better exclusive on there closed wall gardens
I doubt that it will be 1440р.

Full HD at most, but subject to the availability of a full-fledged analog of DLSS from AMD.

And it is unlikely to be more powerful than PS5.

But I agree with the rest, ports to PC help only Steam and PC, and also promote hardware from Valve, such as SteamDeck, and in the future it will be SteamDeck 2.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Right now it’s 2 confirmed (3 if you count Helldivers) and there are rumors of demon souls, Ragnarok, and gt7 coming out this year as well.

And no Sony was at peak profitability in 2018, 2019, and 2020. When “only on PlayStation” still existed. And the plandemic boosted everyone to peak profits in 2020, so doesn’t really count. Jim had nothing to do with those years either. He’s been the worst thing to happen to PS. Since 2021, PlayStation isn’t close to being as profitable as it once was.

Part of that is to be expected due to transitioning to a new console, but the horrible decision making exacerbated things too. A bunch of horrible acquisitions, Bungie being the biggest and dumbest, and wasting precious time and resources on PC.

I’ve had those conversations with friends too, PlayStations brand is declining in real time.
When me myself who has been a solely PS gamer since PS2 has invested more in PC & spent more time on PC playing games there or playing the exclusive PC games the conversation surrounding PS from just casual & in general is very telling. I would be lying if I wasn’t thinking if I see a need to truly buy a PS console now that they port games where back in PS3, PS4 it was a no brainer question ofc I’m going to buy a PS console to play there exclusive PS5 will probably be the last gen for me

To me PC ports is very short sighted & narrow minded on how consumers act. I would somewhat understand PS PC port if Nintendo was in the position as Xbox is now (down bad state) but there not Nintendo is gonna eat PS launch w Switch 2 when it gets most if not a majority of the 3rd party day 1 I don’t see publisher skipping Switch 2 entirely there games will launch day 1 or come 6 month to a year. Plus Nintendo has true exclusive & they do exclusive deals like PS remember Dragon Quest & Monster Hunters games where exclusive to Nintendo due to the pure dominance in Japan wouldn’t be surprised if we saw more exclusive from other franchise like Final Fantasy, Persona etc maybe not mainline but still exclusive games in those franchises.

Now that PS ports there games to PC they stand 0% chance of competing w Nintendo or PC/Steam. Even a PS having exclusive Nintendo is a fierce competitor mainly because all of there franchises are catered to kids & family but now w Switch 2 they’ll be more mature games hit Nintendo compare to previous generations