Why are videogames so gay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Kids like the fortnite cel shaded games.
It will go away with time, just like the piss filter.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
To influence your children as young as possible…. I’m not so sure it’s a concerted effort rather than just representative of those creating them. It’s always about kids in some form… they’re the primary target of all companies… to get consumers for life early on. And if they’re radicalized from early off … well no turning back later really.

I’m not bothered by it mostly. You don’t have to play every game nor should every game should be for you. There’s something for you somewhere — we’re all looking for that.

So I’d rather devs go the other direction. Instead on creating this one-size fits all, pander to all possible audiences, focus-tested garbage … please for the love of all that’s good go back to actual friggin ideas and passion projects.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024

Popped up in the feed.

I'm actually surprised Youtube hasn't deleted for so much truth.

I've seen this video, and perhaps I can agree with some of the theses, but when I saw "based Russian and Chinese games with putin in the background," everything became clear to me...

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Games aren't gay enough, need more yuri rpgs
nights-azure-ps432.jpg

E6aBgXdVoAw1XKF.jpeg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilnemesis8

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This thread is very revealing for certain members here. This site is unfortunately riddled with bigots, misogynists and homophobes.

There's so many games in existence and this is what some of you idiots care about

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This reminded me I need to still play Blue Reflection 2. First game was dope
Same
I loved the skill customization in Blue Reflection, you could make your characters silly powerful just by putting the right buffs and bonus effects on their skills.
It's also so somber and pretty a game. Magical Girls aren't common enough in video games.
Blue Reflection 2 I haven't played yet either but I am delighted to have learned that it's less yuri bait-y and more explicit about characters being lesbians

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Meh I don't care much about this since most of the devs themselves are activists and ultimately the market will teach them a lesson because there are only so many americans and europeans, good luck to them to try to peddle the alphabet mafia degeneracy to china, india and the middle east who will become the largest yet to be tapped demographic in the next 10 years. They won't find their mythical "modern audiences"

If the next tomb raider is set in India as it is rumoured, Holy Shit its going to be entertaining and I would get the popcorn out.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Everything is gay now thank God for emulation

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Yeah we need go back to things like the PC Engine in the 80s and 90s when you could play straight heterosexual games like Cho Aniki
a01068_05dad4cc-7c17-45c7-84d7-af7f35cec4c4_600x.jpg

Gayming was better when it wasn't a mandate

26 Nov 2023
Same
I loved the skill customization in Blue Reflection, you could make your characters silly powerful just by putting the right buffs and bonus effects on their skills.
It's also so somber and pretty a game. Magical Girls aren't common enough in video games.
Blue Reflection 2 I haven't played yet either but I am delighted to have learned that it's less yuri bait-y and more explicit about characters being lesbians

Ah ok, I remember the first game being quite ambiguous. Always thought it was so cool to get a modern magical girl JRPG. Also the ost was some Asano’s best work

Reactions: TrishaCat

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Let's all just go back to playing as stereotypical muscular white man, with the most bland personalities because history hasn't taught us that men who overcompensate aren't actually the ones who are gay🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.