Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
This thread is very revealing for certain members here. This site is unfortunately riddled with bigots, misogynists and homophobes.

There's so many games in existence and this is what some of you idiots care about
Unfortunately those words mean nothing anymore they are overused they have no meaning, They don't scare anybody anymore.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Unfortunately those words mean nothing anymore they are overused they have no meaning, They don't scare anybody anymore.
Nobody is trying to scare you or anyone with those words. The words still have meaning why? Because people are still being affected by such terms in real ways outside of your precious gaming-verse

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Excuse me for not being willing to take a thread of racist and homophobic videos complaining about the gay "wokepocalypse" seriously

Or actually humor people when they claim the gay characters are for filling some kind of forced DEI quota (lol)

Reactions: Danja
24 Jun 2022
This dipshit is one of the worst Xbox fanboys on YT.
Has another channel.

Yep, he's one of the worst grifters in gaming. Such a fake and childish idiot.

The fact he's getting traction over identity politics I guess just shows that most PlayStation fans aren't any different from Xbox fans these days...and I mean that in the worst of ways.

Probably a reason we're seeing so much denial about moves SIE are doing w/ PlayStation that eerily mirror what Microsoft have done w/ Xbox (not saying they are directly correlated, just bringing it up as an example).

TBH most of the "gaming community" has shown that they only care about surface-level trash and literally have zero issue with companies taking advantage of them and their wallets over and over. So I say the companies should continue to treat them like idiots...because they are idiots. '90s and '00s gaming was magnitudes better, partly because guys like this didn't have a space for their own propaganda.

And that's what it is at the end of the day: propaganda. Just the same thing a lot of these (Western) games companies are doing, only the other side of the coin. It's so lame now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Fenton and Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Excuse me for not being willing to take a thread of racist and homophobic videos complaining about the gay "wokepocalypse" seriously

Or actually humor people when they claim the gay characters are for filling some kind of forced DEI quota (lol)
Only straight and white people exist in the world I thought we all knew this? Obviously Devs just created POC and gays to infuriate them.

• Cerny
Reactions: Day Ninja
OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024

So wait are you claiming that is not happening?

Nobody is trying to scare you or anyone with those words. The words still have meaning why? Because people are still being affected by such terms in real ways outside of your precious gaming-verse
That's what people like you do, you use these words but nobody cares about them anymore it's like calling someone a Nazi it means nothing because people are starting to wake up and starting to realise you people are full of.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Kids like the fortnite cel shaded games.
It will go away with time, just like the piss filter.
Cel shaded games arent going away. We've had cel shaded games for decades and they are only getting more popularthan ever. The yellow filter was never popular and by the end of the 8th gen it was already pretty much gone. Games like fornite, genshin are bigger than any yellow ten games were ever was and the art style is perfect for mobile games. Its not going away anytime soon if ever.

OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
Only straight and white people exist in the world I thought we all knew this? Obviously Devs just created POC and gays to infuriate them.
Well in the Western World straight white men are the main consumers of video games and always have been.

OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
Yep, he's one of the worst grifters in gaming. Such a fake and childish idiot.

The fact he's getting traction over identity politics I guess just shows that most PlayStation fans aren't any different from Xbox fans these days...and I mean that in the worst of ways.

Probably a reason we're seeing so much denial about moves SIE are doing w/ PlayStation that eerily mirror what Microsoft have done w/ Xbox (not saying they are directly correlated, just bringing it up as an example).

TBH most of the "gaming community" has shown that they only care about surface-level trash and literally have zero issue with companies taking advantage of them and their wallets over and over. So I say the companies should continue to treat them like idiots...because they are idiots. '90s and '00s gaming was magnitudes better, partly because guys like this didn't have a space for their own propaganda.

And that's what it is at the end of the day: propaganda. Just the same thing a lot of these (Western) games companies are doing, only the other side of the coin. It's so lame now.

Nothing to do with console wars buddy, There are plenty of other threads that deal with console wars in this forum.

24 Jun 2022
This thread is very revealing for certain members here. This site is unfortunately riddled with bigots, misogynists and homophobes.

There's so many games in existence and this is what some of you idiots care about

So was the AssCreed: Shadows thread, for that matter.

And it's no wonder gaming doesn't get the respect of other mediums; just look at some of the radicalization of large swathes of its audience. If you're a genuine creative, you can't comfortably make works of art for people like that. They will get triggered by something just as bad as (maybe worst than) the people they are in a perpetual "culture war" with.

Nothing to do with console wars buddy, There are plenty of other threads that deal with console wars in this forum.

You missed the larger point of that post but, I'm not surprised you missed that point.

• brain
Reactions: Danja and Day Ninja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

That's what people like you do, you use these words but nobody cares about them anymore it's like calling someone a Nazi it means nothing because people are starting to wake up and starting to realise you people are full of.
Says the man who made a thread centered around the term "WOKE" 🤣

• Cerny
Reactions: Day Ninja
OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
Lmao maybe 30 years ago

I know and you know that is a lie, If every straight white male stopped buying video games tomorrow the Western video game market would crash.

I've noticed about you people you never say it's not the truth you just try and deflect and call people names to scare them into submission.

Reactions: Falcs

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It would not surprise me to find this may hold some inkling of truth (I side eye Blizzard in particular because I personally believe whenever they're having a PR crisis they announce a character is queer, having seen them do that around the same time the sexual harassment allegations came out)

But I believe that in the vast majority of instances, characters are black or gay or some other minority simply because the developers wanted them to be that. I posted SLARPG in particular because it's made by a trans woman; it would be silly to assume it was because of some quota. Similarly, Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure I posted are by Gust and are actually getting up in age now; Gust has a long history of focusing on cutesy female casts and teasing lesbian relationships, and they're so deeply engrained in the games no one could argue its some localized pushing an agenda the way a lot of people do these days.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I can mostly avoid this stuff but it is weird how much it creeps into everything. Even games I end up playing will have stuff like "body type A or B" to select because we can no longer acknowledge men and women have different bodies or something.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Day Ninja and Nym
OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
It would not surprise me to find this may hold some inkling of truth (I side eye Blizzard in particular because I personally believe whenever they're having a PR crisis they announce a character is queer, having seen them do that around the same time the sexual harassment allegations came out)

But I believe that in the vast majority of instances, characters are black or gay or some other minority simply because the developers wanted them to be that. I posted SLARPG in particular because it's made by a trans woman; it would be silly to assume it was because of some quota. Similarly, Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure I posted are by Gust and are actually getting up in age now; Gust has a long history of focusing on cutesy female casts and teasing lesbian relationships, and they're so deeply engrained in the games no one could argue its some localized pushing an agenda the way a lot of people do these days.

So you just didn't even answer the question you just waffled on, do you believe they are putting DEI quotas in video games yes or no?

OP
OP
Day Ninja

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
I can mostly avoid this stuff but it is weird how much it creeps into everything. Even games I end up playing will have stuff like "body type A or B" to select because we can no longer acknowledge men and women have different bodies or something.

Are you noticing something?

• haha
Reactions: Nym
Status
Not open for further replies.