Why did Crash and Spyro lose Playstation exclusivity after such huge success?

daniel777

10 May 2023
They ought to be gotten back to Insidious Canine and Sleep deprived person, it very well may be a gigantic moment...it merits being something on a phase. I figure the being a fan would truly cherish that and it would merit the cash to make it right they could do a legitimate kart racer and crush brothers style game effectively with those characters as well. I really do contemplate whether Activision would sell may be extremely challenging now after everything that has passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They ought to be gotten back to Insidious Canine and Sleep deprived person, it very well may be a gigantic moment...it merits being something on a phase. I figure the being a fan would truly cherish that and it would merit the cash to make it right they could do a legitimate kart racer and crush brothers style game effectively with those characters as well. I really do contemplate whether Activision would sell may be extremely challenging now after everything that has passed.

I have no idea what you just said

AfnanAcchan

3 Mar 2023
Crash and Spyro created and produced by Universal Interactive (subsidiary of Universal Pictures). Universal Interactive contracted Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games (Sony didn't bought Naughty Dog until 2001 and Insomniac 2019) to develop those games in 1990s. Sony back then need platformers to compete with Mario and Sonic so they make a deal with Universal Interactive to publish those games exclusively on Playstation. Universal then merge with Vivendi in 2000 named Vivendi Games. Vivendi also owned Blizzard in 1998. Finally Vivendi Games merge with Acitivision in 2008 to form Activision Blizzard.

Reactions: Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony loves building partnerships and Ips and then letting then fizzle out or be used/bought by someone else.

Nintendo let the same happen to Rare but Sony keeps doing it

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Crash and Spyro created and produced by Universal Interactive (subsidiary of Universal Pictures). Universal Interactive contracted Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games (Sony didn't bought Naughty Dog until 2001 and Insomniac 2019) to develop those games in 1990s. Sony back then need platformers to compete with Mario and Sonic so they make a deal with Universal Interactive to publish those games exclusively on Playstation. Universal then merge with Vivendi in 2000 named Vivendi Games. Vivendi also owned Blizzard in 1998. Finally Vivendi Games merge with Acitivision in 2008 to form Activision Blizzard.

I still don't get why they didn't go directly to Sony to make these games, cut the middle man

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Box has probably won this year's golden shovel award.

24K_Gold_Shovel.png

Congratulations!

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and DocRay