Why do Xbox fans think they're entitled to sympathy and or special treatment because Xbox doesn't get as many games PlayStation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This is one of the most bizarre things I've seen in this industry, and it goes by a lot of names, but the most common one is "the Xbox victim complex".

This routinely rears its ugly head in AAA-exclusive, timed exclusive, or japanese games discussion, and Xbox owners use it to their advantage to get preferential media coverage, or to harass and intimidate developers to forcefully coerce them to release games on Xbox, ignoring the fact that these games aren't market-viable on Xbox.

Another thing is, why are these folks so entitled that they think every game should be on Xbox?

How can you in good faith, invest into a well renown niche product, one that is by all metrics dead last in its market, and then expect to be given equal footing, or sometimes even priority, over the competition?

Especially when said competition is simply investing into the value proposition of their own, competing, and proprietary hardware? There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sony getting exclusives for its system and creating value for its customers with said exclusives.

What say you? Why are Xbox users such an entitled group given their disadvantageous market situation?

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
It only seem to be the case the last 3-4 years as before that they had Xbox exclusives at a decent pace be it 1st or 3rd party, as they have slowed almost to a halt the platform needs games and Microsoft are putting all there eggs into GP and buying studios to fill it up.
It could and might work out but the space in-between the time it takes to get them and all up and running its what it making this happen.
As back in the day you would buy the console of choice because of the games you could play on them, Now its I want I want I want Now Now Now GP GP GP.
Hopefully over the next few years it should settle down once Xbox's games start to roll out but its a wait and see as with everything in life.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
On tht note &uck Sony for over pricing the new controller. I wanted one but I'm not paying $200 off of principle.
Amen. But you see, that's how a healthy market works, people won't buy it, they'll actually lose money and get the message that they fucked up with the pricing, still trying to amend with current stock.
A luxury you wouldn't have with a monopoly.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Mediocrity and scarcity is OK now since we have Gamepass (goalpost always moves, it's very dynamic) 🤔 that's the type of msg many convey.

On tht note &uck Sony for over pricing the new controller. I wanted one but I'm not paying $200 off of principle.
255€ in my country. fucking outrageous s. i don't see anything what they give extra over dualsense to make this type of price.
this controller looks like 180€ max.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Mediocrity and scarcity is OK now since we have Gamepass (goalpost always moves, it's very dynamic) 🤔 that's the type of msg many convey.

Yeah I wanted the controller too.... I'll wait for a sale though. I'm gonna get an SSD expansion now instead....really need that.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna
P

peter42O

Personally, I own both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 so none of the timed/full exclusives by either Microsoft or Sony is going to affect me. I have told Xbox fans what I will tell PlayStation fans - if you want to play those games then buy the other freaking console and problem solved. If those who complain don't buy the other console then obviously, those games aren't all that important.

I do prefer to play third party games on Xbox Series X over PlayStation 5 as it's my primary gaming console but at the same time, if I can't, im not waiting to see if/when I ever get those games. For example, I bought and played Kena day one on PlayStation 5 because im not waiting, screw that. So while I prefer to play games on my Series X, if I can't im not going to bitch about it. I simply buy it on PlayStation 5 so I can play the damn game.

Reactions: PlacidusaX

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Personally, I own both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 so none of the timed/full exclusives by either Microsoft or Sony is going to affect me. I have told Xbox fans what I will tell PlayStation fans - if you want to play those games then buy the other freaking console and problem solved. If those who complain don't buy the other console then obviously, those games aren't all that important.

I do prefer to play third party games on Xbox Series X over PlayStation 5 as it's my primary gaming console but at the same time, if I can't, im not waiting to see if/when I ever get those games. For example, I bought and played Kena day one on PlayStation 5 because im not waiting, screw that. So while I prefer to play games on my Series X, if I can't im not going to bitch about it. I simply buy it on PlayStation 5 so I can play the damn game.
the funny thing its seeing u act like you arent a uber xbox fanboy lol my sides

Status
Not open for further replies.