Why don't developers listen to their fans?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The fans want a bloodborne ps5 remaster or even a 60fps patch at the very least, yet Sony ignores this. Bloodborne sold 7 million copies yet Sony has done nothing with this franchise. How tone death can the Sony leadership be?

The Fans want Square to Remaster FF13 for console why does square continue to ignore this?

Tekken 8 has issues with pluggers ruining the online experience, yet Namco refuses to address this, why?

Why does Nintendo Refuse to release Mother 3 in the west? Do they hate money?

I can't wait until AI gets more advanced so we all can just make our own games

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
This is a bad take, btw. For multiple reasons.
Every sector that jumped on the AI bandwagon thus far has seen an increase on output quantity, but decrease in output quality.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Investors (such as Blackrock and Vanguard) give money upfront, costumers don't.

And investment groups have even recently been teaching entertainment companies to treat their own costumers with spite. 🤷‍♂️
look at that Bungie lawyer. like he trying cancel paying customers :D like wtf?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Old Gamer
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Investors (such as Blackrock and Vanguard) give money upfront, costumers don't.

And investment groups have even recently been teaching entertainment companies to treat their own costumers with spite. 🤷‍♂️

Gaming going mainstream is a net negative for the fans

This is a bad take, btw. For multiple reasons.
Every sector that jumped on the AI bandwagon thus far has seen an increase on output quantity, but decrease in output quality.

If I can go on Unreal Engine 6, type in a few prompts and it creates the game how ever I want. I see that only as a good thing.

I'll build my own games if I have to.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
If I can go on Unreal Engine 6, type in a few prompts and it creates the game how ever I want. I see that only as a good thing.

You're not building a game if it's generated from a prompt for you.
AI based content is the most pedestrian and derivative kind of content I can think of.

You want to build your own game, learn the craft.

• thisistheway

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024

so you'll be okay with cheap ass facsimiles of what an AI model thinks a game is while talented humans can no longer make a living developing games themselves?

what happens when businesses prefer to have AI fulfill the purpose you currently do for your livelihood? you won't be able to afford the games anymore, or anything really.

AI will take too many jobs leaving fewer potential consumers for the products said AI makes until we simply can't survive in an AI world as a species

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Developers don't need to listen to fans, they need to listen to their bosses or whomever else pays for their check at the end of the month.

Whatever gets developed within the AA / AAA industry only gets greenlit by a board of executives, and that is where many problems exist.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People - these companies are completely tone dear to what their fans want
Also people - cannot wait for AI to replace the cogs in the machine, not the executives calling the shots

Reactions: peter42O

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Seems like you are pointing out things that were up to the publishers.

Publishers are mostly completely out of touch with their audience and the higher up guys usually don't even play games or understand basic things.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The fans want a bloodborne ps5 remaster or even a 60fps patch at the very least, yet Sony ignores this. Bloodborne sold 7 million copies yet Sony has done nothing with this franchise. How tone death can the Sony leadership be?

The Fans want Square to Remaster FF13 for console why does square continue to ignore this?

Tekken 8 has issues with pluggers ruining the online experience, yet Namco refuses to address this, why?

Why does Nintendo Refuse to release Mother 3 in the west? Do they hate money?

They listen to the fans, specially what they vote with their wallets. Regarding Bloodborne, they prioritized remakes or remasters of better selling games. And well, Miyazaki thinks it's better to wait for the next gen to remake it, so FromSoft and Bluepoint got busy with other projects.

FFVII is way more popular than FFXIII, so they keep focused on FVII regarding remasters, remakes and simlar.

Tekken 8 will address whatever issues they have if really important, once they have time after doing whatever they consider it's more prioritary for their money, and if they can be addressed (I have no idea what pluggers is, btw).

Mother 3 -or Mother games in genera- didn't sell a shit, so Nintendo prefers to refurbish instead better selling games, that have more potential to sell enough to make the effort profitable. Specially if they don't need to be localized for the first time.

Your personal opinion (or mine) doesn't mean it's representative of what their fans buy or want.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Because fans are actually happy with what they get. The thing is that we old enthusiasts believe we have a lot more of a say than we actually have.

So no, that legacy of Kain remake won't be happening, tank controlled survival horror and arena shooters won't make a comeback and the car combat genre will remain dead.

• sad

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Isn't Bloodborne's code like a spaghettified mess or something? I remember hearing that as a possible reason for it being stuck where it is.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So no, that legacy of Kain remake won't be happening, tank controlled survival horror won't make a comeback.

Sad Cry GIF

Reactions: Systemshock2023
13 Feb 2023
Cause fans are idiots

Correct they also haven't the foggiest about how game development works from pre production to final build half a decade of work usually with well over a thousand people contributing at some point. Once concept prototype stage ends that's it decisions for the game are locked in place for the next four to fives years of development time.

Last edited:

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Bloodborne 60fps/Remaster

They never released a 60fps patch for Uncharted 4, so they're probably keeping players from what they want so that they can release a remastered version at a later date.

Final Fantasy 13 - Mother 3

There might not be many people to buy the game outside the small niche audience. The Japan release might be the first step to release Mother 3 in the west.

Tekken 8 Pluggers

They're banning *some* players but that's not enough. They need to fix the disconnect percentage and it will most likely come in a future update.