Why Is Microsoft Putting it's Ugly Logo on all the Persona Trailers?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's funny how Xbox fanboys were fuming and crying for months, saying that Square was stupid for partnering with Sony and making FF16/FF7Remake PS exclusive. They were all desperate to label FF16 3m in a week a flop, but are silent about P5 Tactica ACTUALLY flopping. I feel bad for the Atlus creatives....Metaphor Re Fantazio looks amazing, brand new IP, and it's about to flop because of more Xbox marketing.

You guys are mad at Sega and Microsoft....I'm mad at Sony. Jim and Hermen let this happen under their watch, it falls on them. These games were PS exclusive for decades before they came into the picture. It's NOT a coincidence, these games were practically 2nd party exclusive and now they're all GamePass day 1, MLB the Show an actual 1st party game is day 1 on GamePass, Kingdom Hearts series also went to GamePass on their watch. This is why Jim will always be trash no matter how much you guys try to defend him. So much other stuff went wrong during his tenure besides PC and gaas.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It's funny how Xbox fanboys were fuming and crying for months, saying that Square was stupid for partnering with Sony and making FF16/FF7Remake PS exclusive. They were all desperate to label FF16 3m in a week a flop, but are silent about P5 Tactica ACTUALLY flopping. I feel bad for the Atlus creatives....Metaphor Re Fantazio looks amazing, brand new IP, and it's about to flop because of more Xbox marketing.

You guys are mad at Sega and Microsoft....I'm mad at Sony. Jim and Hermen let this happen under their watch, it falls on them. These games were PS exclusive for decades before they came into the picture. It's NOT a coincidence, these games were practically 2nd party exclusive and now they're all GamePass day 1, MLB the Show an actual 1st party game is day 1 on GamePass, Kingdom Hearts series also went to GamePass on their watch. This is why Jim will always be trash no matter how much you guys try to defend him. So much other stuff went wrong during his tenure besides PC and gaas.

Sony should have bought Atlus, either them or Nintendo.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If you look at the marketing for Persona 5 Tactica and Persona Reload on the official Atlus channel it's all Xbox and Game Pass only with no mention of PS or Nintendo. No logo, not even in the description.

The trailer starts and ends with the Xbox logo and sound. It says to preorder now on Xbox or Windows only. You would think it's Xbox exclusive. Very scummy. That's why Tactica flopped in every market. Sega will never learn.

Tactics games just don't sell well but yeah, the marketing limits can't have helped sales. Hope the bag was worth it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Tactics games just don't sell well but yeah, the marketing limits can't have helped sales. Hope the bag was worth it.
They don't sell gangbusters, but they still sell decently. Triangle Strategy, a brand new IP, sold 86,000 its first week in Japan on Switch only. P5T only did 42k on ps4, ps5, switch, pc, xbone, series. Fire Emblem Engage sold 144,000 first week in Japan on Switch only. And the Fire Emblem series is about as popular as Persona, slightly less so.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Well we know Hermen does not care about Japan, the games or respect the developers. He once made a comment about the west taking over from the east... When he was at Guerilla.

But I absolutely agree with you. Leadership has gotten soft. Playstation has the install base to leverage these developers and they keep letting the loser outplay them. Without Sales from Playstation and Nintendo Sega is literally finished... If I was Sony wouldn't even give these games any priority on PSN... I'd bury them.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Well we know Hermen does not care about Japan, the games or respect the developers. He once made a comment about the west taking over from the east... When he was at Guerilla.
Is this true ?? do you have a source of where he said that....

...I remember seeing a thread a while ago about him following some ultra far right politicians that were supposedly racist (idk, i don't follow dutch politics). And Jaffe said that he wanted to close down Japanese studios.... If all this is true, I'm confused as to how he's ranked so high in a Japanese company.

But I absolutely agree with you. Leadership has gotten soft. Playstation has the install base to leverage these developers and they keep letting the loser outplay them. Without Sales from Playstation and Nintendo Sega is literally finished... If I was Sony wouldn't even give these games any priority on PSN... I'd bury them.'
Exactly, incredibly soft, complacent, and incompetent

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nobody is going to buy an Xbox for Persona, if Atlus was smart they would put the new Persona remake on switch not on Xbox where it will be dead on arrival.

Are Microsoft hoping people are dumb enough to think Persona 3 remake is an xbox exclusive? What is their goal here?
I think it’s purely to leach of the Persona brand which became popular because of PS now them having marketing makes it seems like Persona “success” comes from Xbox instead of PS or Nintendo.

If I was Xbox I would heavily invest in Sega Jet set Radio & have it exclusive to Xbox like the first JSR but then again paying for exclusivity doesn’t make sense for Xbox given there going fully 3rd party

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Even the title doesn't include playstation
Sega truly are brain dead they’ll take this bs marketing that makes your game seem like it doesn’t even exist since your completely blocking where the Persona fanbase stay & that’s on PS but not take a Persona 6 exclusivity deal w PS at the very least it can drop on PS, PC & Nintendo at a later date due to weaker hardware

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If you look at the marketing for Persona 5 Tactica and Persona Reload on the official Atlus channel it's all Xbox and Game Pass only with no mention of PS or Nintendo. No logo, not even in the description.

The trailer starts and ends with the Xbox logo and sound. It says to preorder now on Xbox or Windows only. You would think it's Xbox exclusive. Very scummy. That's why Tactica flopped in every market. Sega will never learn.

Not only scummy but MS trying leech of Persona knowing it’s been made popular by PS. Instead of cultivating 3rd party franchises like Jet set radio that has heavy ties MS leaches of PS same goes for final fantasy, final fantasy 14 been a disaster on Xbox

kirby64

28 Mar 2024
game has bombed. no other way it could get price cut so fast.
Didn't they sell a million in a week at 70 bucks? I saw similar (though rare) sales for P5R one or two months after its original playstation release, fast price cuts are standard for Sega these days.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Didn't they sell a million in a week at 70 bucks? I saw similar (though rare) sales for P5R one or two months after its original playstation release, fast price cuts are standard for Sega these days.
any game which makes sales so fast, pretty much bombed. because if it sells on pretty good rate, there would be no need to make those price cuts so fast.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

kirby64

28 Mar 2024
any game which makes sales so fast, pretty much bombed. because if it sells on pretty good rate, there would be no need to make those price cuts so fast.
They're JRPGs, literally all of them (aside from Pokemon but that behaves less like a regular game and more like a COD title - just something 25 million people or so pick up every time one comes out) - even Final Fantasies tend to have abhorrent sales legs (80~90+% drop after week 1), and require constant sales to move further units from more price conscious consumers. There's really just no way getting around how they behave sales-wise.

Again, unless you're Pokemon, but something that low quality that sells so much without fail has to be the holy grail of every publisher.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters